Painted Buntings

rstrick2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rstrick2.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I created a backyard habitat for birds and other wildlife in my backyard. I set up food and water sources. The birds come and go from my feeding station. As would have it I have a backyard shed which I employ as a blind where. I set up my camera, lens on a heavy tripod, and photograph the birds as they come in to the feeding station. I have not been out there for quite some time so I decided today to visit my backyard to see what was coming. To my surprise, a Painted bunting came in to feed and drink as well a bath. We do not seem to get to many Painted Buntings in West Central Florida. This is the first time one has visited my backyard.

Painted-Bunting_RS.jpg

painted-bunting-2_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-on-feeder-2_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-on-feeder_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting--bath-2_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-looking-at-_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-with-reflec_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-drinking_RS.jpg

Painted-bunting-bathing_RS.jpg

Nice shots Robert.....Colors and focus is spot on. You guys in brevard County get a lot more Buntings then we do in the Winter Park area. Only see them once in awhile

Absolutely beautiful bird and pictures !!

Glad you've improved your yard to encourage visiting birds and other critters.. You may want to go to the "National Wildlife Federation" ( www.nwf.org ) and fill out their applicaton to have your yard certified as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat - you just have to tell them what you did, as well as the placement of your feeders/water and what kind of plants you have, and they'll certify you..

Again, BEAUTIFUL shots !!:thumbup:

r

Most reactions

Back