Panasonic Fz7

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it a good camera or not, i am a beginner and I wish to get a decent camera that takes an SD Memory Card but I only have a £200 budget. If this camera isn't very good then do you have any suggestions?

I've read a couple of reviews that say it is good but would like some peoples opinions please

XXX

Whether a camera is 'good' or 'bad' is a complicated question. When all is said and done, the question becomes whether the camera is 'good' or 'bad' for the use you will make of it -- not what someone else thinks you need.

Your budget precludes the dslrs, with their wider range of capabilities. The FZ7 is one of the cameras which fall within your limits. It is certainly a reasonable choice. Remember that you'll probably soon wish to add a few pieces of gear such as a tripod, a polarizing filter and a spare battery.

If you want to get started in photography, almost any camera will do. With time, as your skills and tastes develop, you may find that a different camera will serve you better. On the other hand, you may conclude that working with the FZ7 is right where you wish to be. Time will tell. The important thing is to start.

For whatever it's worth, I have a Panasonic FZ20 and am well-pleased with my purchase. Please note, though, that the types of subjects I choose to photograph are probably different from those that you will choose.

Incidentally, I sometimes go 'street-shooting' armed with an old Kiev 35mm rangefinder rig [probably far older than you are!] loaded with b&w film! A camera need not be the very latest top-of-the-line 'Gee Whiz' Special Edition rig to get the dog properly walked.

Huh? What? Oh. Sorry 'bout that. I got carried away. My advice? OK. Here it is: Do it and get out there taking pictures! Set two goals for yourself:

1. Learn to use one new feature of your camera each week. Practice using it until you really know it.

2. Try to make the photographs you take this week better than the ones that you took last week.

Thank you very much, that helps me a lot, unfortunatly my camera still hasn't arrived, which I am not happy about what so ever, I go on holiday on saturday but leave my home thursday morning, so i am hoping it is here by then

I appreciate your reply more than you know.

Many times, comments are not acknowledged by the original poster. I do not fault people for this. Lots of us lead busy lives and some things just drop through the cracks.

It's mighty nice to have a reply, is all.

Best of luck with your new rig. I hope it came in time.

Jim/Torus34

My camera got here just in time after a few angry emails. I am very pleased with my camera although I am still learning about it.

I had a good holiday and took lots of photos, some of which i am very proud of. When I get a bit more time I will hopefully get some online.

Your advice came in very handy and was very appreciated

Most reactions

Back