Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000

JH Foto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Because of ill health and the inability to carry a DSLR + lenses around I have recently bought a FZ 1000, it is not cheap but an amazing camera. I can zoom to 800mm and get good results it will go to 1600mm but need a tripod for this. It has a 1 inch sensor and the results are very very good..:)

A very good friend of mine had a Sony DSLR but he just doesn't like carrying it around with the extra lenses so he sold it and asked me to recommend him what superzoom to get.
After some research I found there really only 2 superzooms I could recommend him, the FZ1000 and RX10
I must admit I was and still torn between these 2, the Sony has the faster lens and the Pany more zoom.
At the end I recommended the Pani.

I am waiting to hear from him how he likes it but when I played with it in the store I was very impressed with it, only problem is that for me 1" sensor is just too small as I do like my low light performance but that's the largest they will put in superzooms.

Because of ill health and the inability to carry a DSLR + lenses around I have recently bought a FZ 1000, it is not cheap but an amazing camera. I can zoom to 800mm and get good results it will go to 1600mm but need a tripod for this. It has a 1 inch sensor and the results are very very good..:)
post a few up

If you get the opportunity to take some pictures, please do post them. I'm hunting for a camera and I'm considering the RX10, so I'd like to see something from the Lumix as well as it is considered its rival from all I can tell.

I may not be looking at things correctly, but there wasn't a decent picture amongst the entire lot in that review. Is that due to settings being changed for some certain review purposes?

I'd take the FZ1000

Was a G7 considered since the price is about the same. It has a 4/3 sensor instead of the smaller 1" though the zoom ration of the lens is less.

Having now used the FZ1000 for six weeks I can recommend this camera, if like me you are too ill to carry DSLR and lenses this is your solution. It is an amazing camera, check out the images I have posted in this thread.

Most reactions

Back