Panorama and sunsets

Peacemaker636

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Panoramic view of Minneapolis from the Guthry Theater's Endless Bridge (bigger image here http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=303274068&size=l)...

MinneapolisMinnesota_00069-1.jpg

And some various sunsets (I know, the ground's underexposed)
IMG_0403.jpg

IMGA0673.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Please give feedback! Also, if anyone can make the ground a little brighter I don't care if you repost the pics (I tried in Photoshop, albeit not very hard, but I couldn't get it to look right).

Panoramas, mostly so when they are stitched together from various frames, always fascinate me, mostly so because I don't know how to create them myself.

As to your sunset photos, I quite like the certainly not overdone variety in your last photo, a sunset as seen from inside, giving the cosy feeling of time-after-work, time-to-relax, time-to-let-the-night-come.

I could try to brighten up the ground in 2 and 3 for you, though 2 doesn't really merit it, unless I were to crop it, too. The horizon is very centred...

#3, also seen through the window and making use of the lead work in that window, is nice because of the frames inside the frame and I am not sure I'd really want the houses any brighter!?!?!?

Nice work on the pano.

Thanks, the #2 sunset (actually a sunrise) was taken with a mediocre camera (before I got one that was even decent), and you can of course tell. The sunrise looked really nice and I thought the framing would be cool, but unfortunately it didn't come out as great as I'd hoped.

I was mainly referring to brightening #2, but, as I said, I tried to and it came out very noisy and over-exposed looking. I don't think #1 needs any touching-up, I think the tree's silhouettes look very nice. #3 could use a little, I think.

And if you're interested, LaFoto, I could teach you how I made the panorama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back