Panorama Of The Antioch Bridge At Sunrise

michaelpohl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So yesterday I had an urge to go try something I've never done before. I didn't really know what I wanted to try, but I knew it had to be cool and long exposure because it was 9PM! I decided I wanted to try some panoramic shots with a long exposure. So I headed off to my local bridge and attempted my first panoramic picture. I hated it to be 100% honest, at 10PM there wasnt a ton of light, and the ISO on my T3i was just not cutting it. After going home and stiching the 3 horizontal photos together in photoshop, and realizing that I had a slight concept of what to do I decided I would wake up at 5AM (I made this decision around 2AM) to go get some better shots in brighter, softer light. So I dragged myself out of bed and went and set up this time, weighed my tripod down and shot vertically (7 total shots) for the larger file. I got home and was super disappointed at how drabby it was and then realized it was way to cool on my white balance and I immediately smiled as I brought it up a ton. I'm actually really happy with the result but I know it's not perfect, but not bad for a 2nd try! Would love some feedback! Thanks!

Antioch Bridge At Night by michaelpohlphotography, on Flickr
Night Time One

Sunrise At The Antioch Bridge by michaelpohlphotography, on Flickr
Sunrise One

I like everything except that the bridge doesn't make an appearance until over a third of the way into the image. Is there no way to get a little higher so you can get the top of the bridge in from the top left corner?

Awesome! Great shots here. I only wish that the bridge was 100% seen from left to right. Other than that I really like these!

@Tim Tucker So get the whole bridge in the frame? I could but I'm actually a couple hundred yards out in the water on a fishing dock that's fairly close to the bridge. I'd have to get a wider angle lens and stick stand in that spot or else it'll be a line (way more parallel then it is now). I'd have to get a boat or something to get out there for the whole bridge. Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm gunna have to see if I can somehow find a way to get the whole bridge.
I think that addressed you to @RDenhardt

Turn your camera 90° and take the images in portrait mode. Problem solved.

Just try pointing the camera a little higher. Anyway, I still like that second picture a lot.

Some stitching software can't handle keystoning.

Oh okay I get it. Thanks! and the nighttime one is 3 landscape shots stitched together, and the bottom one is 7 portrait shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back