What's new

Panorama of a local park

jon_k

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Location
North Richland Hills (Ft. Worth suburb) TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to test out making a panorama.

How do you folks think this one turned out? I really liked the cloud activity going on. Is there any critique this deserves?

I think next time I'll go and attempt to take one while a ball game is going on, and see if I can get any sort of panorama while subjects are in play.

x.jpg
 
wow Jon hats off to you - this is really, really wonderful ! its good to see you testing the conditions and methods for making the park's panorama but do me a big favor - make sure you're there when the ball game's on. have subjects in your next photograph with long shadows - it would look awesome !

and ya, do please let us know how you made the panorama. was it with a software ?

did you use a C-PL filter on your lens ? the clouds as you said look great.

all the best !
 
looks almost computer generated with all the geometric shapes, very well done
 
I don't have access to my laptop right now so I can't say exactly how many images I took.

It was about 7 or 9 images, taken in landscape orientation. They were stitched together using Photoshop CS3. I recently learned about this option, and gave it a try. As you can imagine, I had the images overlap about half way through to help prevent distortion.

No CPL filter here, just a UV filter. I've heard that using a CPL can cause stitching issues because dark areas of the sky in one image may not be dark in the same area on another. It kinda looks like a polarizer was used though!

I didn't even do any post processing on this shot, most of my photos require some sort. (Well, I can't say thats true. If I merged the photos, that is considered post-processing.) I'm really glad everyone thinks it turned out pretty good.

I'm going to be sure to drop by during a ballgame to see what I can come up with!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom