Panorama

misskrys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Muriwai Beach in New Zealand. C&C welcome. =)

4914011481_af26e46af5_b.jpg

Very nicely done; perhaps just a tad more work with levels/curves to reduce the dynamic range a bit? The shadows are a bit deep and the highlights a little brighter than I would consider ideal.

Thanks! Unfortunately the sky was really bright; I tried to save it, but failed. :(

Is this a touch better?
4918013984_e947608933_b.jpg

It is; unfortunately there's not much you can do with blown highlights. Next time you're up against this sort of situation, consider shooting it as an HDR, or perhaps look into the purchase of graduated neutral density filters.

you as a last resort could create a selection of the water in photoshop and adjust it independently. smooth it, soften it or change the color tones. The rest of the image would be unaffected. Blend the selection layer accordingly.

It is; unfortunately there's not much you can do with blown highlights. Next time you're up against this sort of situation, consider shooting it as an HDR, or perhaps look into the purchase of graduated neutral density filters.

Hmmm... Do you think a CPL filter would help? I have one of those. Although the ground would be a lot darker.

you as a last resort could create a selection of the water in photoshop and adjust it independently. smooth it, soften it or change the color tones. The rest of the image would be unaffected. Blend the selection layer accordingly.

That may help a bit... Unfortunately the sky was pretty washed out in the RAW file.

I'm not too worried about it at this point. Next time I'll try either HDR or the CPL that I have

Despite the few issues mentioned above, I really love this shot, as New Zealand is one of the places in the world that I would kill to visit! Congrats on a very nice shot! I'm jealous! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back