voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tried my first panoramic the other evening. 22 pictures taken with verticle orientation. It was slow going editing it since the file size was 750 megs and I have 512M of RAM. I stitched these together manually in photoshop rotating the individual pics to line up and then adjusting the levels to compensate for the everchanging light.
If I was to blow this up to 12" tall it would be approximately 6 feet wide.

goldcanyonpano.jpg

and for reference, this is 100% crop of the moon.

panomooncrop.jpg

Nice work with the stitching. I'm sure this would look fantastic blown up to 6' wide.

As it is, I'd like to see the ground a bit brighter and the sky a bit more dramatic.

hobbes28 said:
So, how far is that from JT??? We may have to go there. I reiterate: Great Picture, Chad.
That is about 4 hrs from Joshua Tree. If you guys want to come out early or stay late you can always stay with us and I'll take you around to the best locations. That time of year is perfect in the desert with the wildflowers blanketing the desert floor. Plus the weather is perfect. :D

It turned out beautifully! You did an excellent job. This is a beautiful panoramic - makes me want to be in the photo.

I love how you can see those distant mountains.......[sigh] Gorgeous! :D

That must have take incredible patience and foresight. The compostion looks great. I for one am very impressed. Getting the moon in the picture was a real bonus. Very Good!

Awesome panoramic compilation. I really like the colors in the photo between the sky, the back mountains and the foreground mountains. The moon was definitely a nice touch and I think the sky would look a bit empty without it. Nice work!

Big Mike said:
Nice work with the stitching. I'm sure this would look fantastic blown up to 6' wide.

As it is, I'd like to see the ground a bit brighter and the sky a bit more dramatic.

I agree with Big Mike

canonrebel said:
Big Mike said:

I agree with Big Mike

Guys - problem is... It looks to me to be an accurate representation of how the lighting is at that time. Sure, he could brighten the ground and PS in a dramatic sky but I really think he was going for a natural look and trying to show what he actually saw that morning. If that is the case, I think he did a wonderful job. :D

photogoddess said:
canonrebel said:
Big Mike said:

I agree with Big Mike

Guys - problem is... It looks to me to be an accurate representation of how the lighting is at that time. Sure, he could brighten the ground and PS in a dramatic sky but I really think he was going for a natural look and trying to show what he actually saw that morning.
Evening.. but yeah, you've got it right.

photogoddess said:
Guys - problem is... It looks to me to be an accurate representation of how the lighting is at that time. Sure, he could brighten the ground and PS in a dramatic sky but I really think he was going for a natural look and trying to show what he actually saw that morning. If that is the case, I think he did a wonderful job. :D

The 'reality' posibility hadn't occured to me. I like that idea.
Photogoddess, thanks for pointing out that aspect. Good catch.

canonrebel said:
photogoddess said:

The 'reality' posibility hadn't occured to me. I like that idea.
Photogoddess, thanks for pointing out that aspect. Good catch.

:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back