Paper bag in a field

Swanchy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
eh... i'm very new and this is with a disposable. But i think it isnt too shabby considering it is a disposable camera.
paperbagrock.jpg

Considering that it is just a disposable camera, this is a good photo. Shows once again that it is not necessarily the material that makes the photo, but the photographer and how he/she sees things, frames things, presents things. This is a very simple subject with minimal "action" - field, cloudless sky, thing that you call "paper bag" (I don't recognise it as anything, I must admit) - and yet it has something to it that holds the eye. It can't be only because I am trying to figure out whether this really is a paper bag, can it?

This is a very strong image. I love it. "Not shabby" indeed, you have a good eye for composition here. :thumbup: The light is beautiful, and all that barren sky over the barren field is wonderful!

I would have guessed a warped pile of steel, like from an abandoned car or something. But it doesn't really matter. ;)

Great job!

I actually have a suspicion that the picture would not look half as good if it had been shot on a 'quality' camera.

There's something very Holga-esque about this shot, which I think has a lot to do with the camera that was used. Great shot captured with a perfectly good camera (I shot on disposables for years til I could afford a cheap digital - and the disposable camera quality was a hell of a lot better).

I love the colours, the vignetting and composition. Superb work!

I think it was a one of those durable hefty bags. But thanks everyone. I was expecting to get chewed up but now that my head is thoroughly inflated I'll start posting more pics.

I hope that doesn't mean a catalogue of bags I have known.....

That actually isn't such a bad idea. Maybe we should start a thread in Themes - My Favourite Bag or Bags I Have Known. On second thoughts, maybe not. I can see where a title like that could lead...

Swanchy said:
...but now that my head is thoroughly inflated I'll start posting more pics.

:D :lol: :biglaugh:

Do so! Do so!

And Hertz... well, yes... let's not...

Most reactions

Back