Paranormal

bradster76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off I want to say nothing I'll be posting on here will be staged, fake, enhanced, or made up by any means. This is all real. Whether or not you are into the existence of ghosts, spirits, demons, etc., this is what I've done.

I have been Ghost Hunting for approximately 7 years now and have seen and heard a LOT. I have been to haunted graveyards, homes, abandonments, etc. Along the way I have lost a lot of my work (both regular work and paranormal) due to a hard drive crash two years ago, so I don't have a lot of paranormal at the moment, but they are clear. I have been told through my voice recorder via EVP (electronic voice phenomena) to "get out, now!', "sorry, we don't want to be bothered", and many other things. Been shoved, yelled at and welcomed.

Here's a few I have from local, small graveyards:

1. This one actually has two apparitions in it. Little bit about this one. The glowing monument you see in the center with the apparition standing next to it, appears to be in Civil War attire. I can tell you that from daytime walking, that the monument isn't actually there anymore. Vandals have broken it off long ago, leaving a jagged base. Off to the right (when I did still have Photoshop), I looked at it closly and saw what seems to be a child in a dress.
Apparitions.jpg

2. This one was taken at dusk three years ago, in a old and small graveyard. I was taking photos of the stones when I felt this strong energy and a presence right on me. Then the wave of cold. The feeling was not angry, but more or less; depressed and sad. Like left behind. The apparition was rising as I closed my shutter. There was no fog, mist, I was not smoking, and there was no clouds.
NewImage2.jpg

3. I took this photo a week or so later at another graveyard but in the next town over. This area of NY is dotted with many small, old graveyards, so I did some roadtripping. This one graveyard in particular I was sent to by a local. She said the graveyard is said to have been haunted by several spirits who died of TB. I checked the dates of the stones and a LOT of them died before 1910. I don't know who's spirit this is, all I know is when I was taking this photo, I saw something move to my left and ahead. I was more like a greyish shadow of a human figure. It moved too fast for me to make out clothing, or build.
FH0000142.jpg

I posted these for the "Darkside" purposes. Not to bring up ghost hunting or ghost discussion/debates, flames, your opinon of ghosts existance, or how you think of us who do KNOW of paranormal activity. Simply put: don't post comment regarding paranormal's validity, "haha, you belive in this crap!" or stuff like: "That's just light, or dust." Trust me, I've heard it all. You would not be original in any insult or flame you can sling. Thanks for looking.

Very cool. The first one had me staring for awhile. :D
I have tried this without any success. The Guild Inn near me is haunted, and I have heard that after midnight, near the kitchen, ghosts have been seen, but I have tried many times firing my camera in the windows and got nothing. There is another haunted bridge near my house where a 6 year old girl died on her birthday. It is said if you go there on your birthday, you can see her spirit on the tracks. The sad things is....nobody mentions the birthday. :lol::lol:

I hope this thread stays sane....I agree with you... I hope the members dont spout off their beliefs or non beliefs.....just walk away. :thumbup::thumbup:

Definitely makes one wonder. I was drawn into the first one too, something there for sure. Would love to see more.

I hope this thread stays sane....I agree with you... I hope the members dont spout off their beliefs or non beliefs.....just walk away. :thumbup::thumbup:

Well said Chiller.

TY guys. The first one did kinda surprise me when I got the film back (woot! for 1 hour photo!). I knew I'd probably get SOMETHING, but didn't think all that. I was glad to know my senses were right about that graveyard. There is this one house about 8 miles from me that an old lady was murdered in, from a robbery gone bad. Guy broke in at night, she got up and he killed her and ran. Now the place is boarded up and has police signs all over it. Many people say they can see and hear her screaming on certain nights, from the house....creepy. I'd love to get a chance to take my gear in there and get some EVPs and photos of her. Chances are slim, however.

Hehe, Chill what you should do is go to that house and just snap random shots all over, bound to catch something. Be ready for that cold breeze and a hand on the shoulder. :boogie:When I get more, I'll post em. There is another place that is said to be haunted by a man who died there about 100 years ago. His apparition is seen walking down a flight of stairs....can't wait!

And hopefully someone won't screw up this thread with all that belief junk. Afterall, they don't have to click on it.

Cheers!

Amazing. The first one definitely had me looking at it for a while.

As much as I've hung out in cemeteries, I have never managed to capture anything "out of the ordinary." Some day, hopefully.......

John, best thing to do is go out around midnight or if you can: 3am to 5am. Best time for activity in the spirit world. Take your camera (duh), and a EMF reader if you have one. Check out areas you get strange feeling from, you'll most likely to be drawn to them. And shoot random shots. In a thread like this, there really isn't any C/C on lighting, contrast, comp, etc. So any shot of an apparition is good. First one you get may send a chill up your spine, but will be exciting. Graveyards are always fun, but mostly a great first place to try out.

Cheers! :cheers:

TY guys. The first one did kinda surprise me when I got the film back (woot! for 1 hour photo!). I knew I'd probably get SOMETHING, but didn't think all that. I was glad to know my senses were right about that graveyard. There is this one house about 8 miles from me that an old lady was murdered in, from a robbery gone bad. Guy broke in at night, she got up and he killed her and ran. Now the place is boarded up and has police signs all over it. Many people say they can see and hear her screaming on certain nights, from the house....creepy. I'd love to get a chance to take my gear in there and get some EVPs and photos of her. Chances are slim, however.

Hehe, Chill what you should do is go to that house and just snap random shots all over, bound to catch something. Be ready for that cold breeze and a hand on the shoulder. :boogie:When I get more, I'll post em. There is another place that is said to be haunted by a man who died there about 100 years ago. His apparition is seen walking down a flight of stairs....can't wait!

And hopefully someone won't screw up this thread with all that belief junk. Afterall, they don't have to click on it.

Cheers!

This is a link to one of the paranormal investigations there. WIsh I could have done this. :er:
http://hauntingsresearchgroup.homestead.com/Guild.html

Maybe one night this weekend I will shoot down there....see what I can scare up. Im only 5 minutes away. I shot some IR stuff down there last weekend.

Honestly I think whether or not you believe in spirits is besides the point.. these pictures are very cool in their grittiness and the fact they ask you to possible suspend belief for a moment at least.

Truth is stranger than fiction after all.
I hope to see more of these.

TY Boogaguy:thumbup: There will be more coming soon. As soon as this closet and spare room are done getting renoed. There are two more yards about 12 miles from my place, so it won't be hard to get to at midnight or 3am, and stir up something. It's been a little while, so I'm looking forward to ghost hunting again :hail:

I am so excited with these shots! I joined a ghost hunting group a few months ago, I haven't gone on any hunts but, I will go soon.
We have plenty of haunted places up here, colleges, old schools, bridges, cemetaries, and houses.
Thank you so much Brad for showing these shots, they are amazing!
I really love your last shot, with the girl sitting on the head stone. Fabulous!
I can't wait to see more!

can't wait to see more! the third one interests me as it does not hold the shape of a body but the intensity of the light around an otherwise dark surrounding makes me wonder.

John, best thing to do is go out around midnight or if you can: 3am to 5am. Best time for activity in the spirit world. Take your camera (duh), and a EMF reader if you have one. Check out areas you get strange feeling from, you'll most likely to be drawn to them. And shoot random shots. In a thread like this, there really isn't any C/C on lighting, contrast, comp, etc. So any shot of an apparition is good. First one you get may send a chill up your spine, but will be exciting. Graveyards are always fun, but mostly a great first place to try out.

Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks for the tips.

I don't have an EMF reader, and honestly wouldn't know where to look for one. I don't mind relying on luck though.

There are 2 places I would love to go. One is a burned down farm where supposedly a number of family members died in the fire back in the 50s. Not only does everyone I know get "the creeps" when they go there, but the dogs we took with us wouldn't go into certain areas of the property. From what I hear, animals sense more supernatural activity than humans do, so I think they were a good indicator of something being there.

The second, is a cemetery I used to like to hang out in at night. I always got good vibes from that place, but always had a sense I wasn't alone too....

Just one more question. Should I shoot longer exposures, or just use a higher ISO like in the 800-1600 range with a faster shutter speed?

I am so excited with these shots! I joined a ghost hunting group a few months ago, I haven't gone on any hunts but, I will go soon.
We have plenty of haunted places up here, colleges, old schools, bridges, cemetaries, and houses.
Thank you so much Brad for showing these shots, they are amazing!
I really love your last shot, with the girl sitting on the head stone. Fabulous!
I can't wait to see more!

Grats, BB. I hope it works out soon, and find many good sites. Kinda like sex in a way. You're nervous your first time, wondering how you're gonna handle it....then once it gets going and it's over....nothing to it. In fact, you'll want to do it again.

can't wait to see more! the third one interests me as it does not hold the shape of a body but the intensity of the light around an otherwise dark surrounding makes me wonder.
Trust me. I have examined this on my two photo software programs when I had it developed, and it did not show up or seem to be anykind of light spot or flare. I even remember seeing a figure move off in that direction as I closed the shutter. Not sure how to explain what I saw, just that there was no sunlight hardly that day, in fact it was rainy. And there were no other forms of light that appeared in anyother shot I took in that area. I set my glass to shoot fast, and shot 5 or 6 of this shot, and only one appeared with this apparition in it. One had an orb in the near area, but I don't have much faith in the "orb" theory.

Thanks for the tips.

I don't have an EMF reader, and honestly wouldn't know where to look for one. I don't mind relying on luck though.
Just one more question. Should I shoot longer exposures, or just use a higher ISO like in the 800-1600 range with a faster shutter speed?
No prob. :thumbup: As far as an EMF reader goes...wide range of models and prices. I've seen them at stores like Lowe's, Radio Shack...more of the "practical" places. Not like the crackpipe of Bestbuy...

When I shoot any apparitions I use a very fast ISO. If too slow, you can miss the capture or cause it to be very blurry. Spirits tend to move very fast, and fade in and out of our vision even if we can see them with our un-aided eyes. It takes a lot of energy for them to plane walk, so once here, they move fast and suck up all the electro-magnetic power they can to stay here...depending on the strength of the entity. A spirit is nothing much more than pure electro-magnetic power, and they draw off ours to build their own strength. I use an ISO of at least 800 when capturing apparitions, not only for their movements, also the dark.

Cheers! :wink:

Thanks again Bradster.

If you use an EMF meter/reader to help detect them, would something like a compass also work? If they have a detectable electromagnetic field, wouldn't a compass move if it was in the area, or does it require something more sensitive? I'm not speculating that the compass would point to them. I was just thinking it would move when in the presence of the EMF.

Thanks again Bradster.

If you use an EMF meter/reader to help detect them, would something like a compass also work? If they have a detectable electromagnetic field, wouldn't a compass move if it was in the area, or does it require something more sensitive? I'm not speculating that the compass would point to them. I was just thinking it would move when in the presence of the EMF.

Actually, the chaotic mess and tangles of EMFs moving and scrambling around would just make a compass sit still or spin like crazy. Even with a good EMF meter, the numbers (or bar, depending if you get digital or analog), will fluctuate. Most of the time you will find an area with a presence, and the meter on the EMF reader will stay steady for a bit. Another good thing to have is a air temp. meter. When a presence is near, the temp as you know, will drop by at least 25-30 degrees F*.

In my old arsenal I had a digital voice recorder for EVPs, flashlight and camera (and spare flashlight...non digital), EMF meter. I tend to go light, it's all I need to get the data.

Hope this helps. Cheers! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back