What's new

Paris and Barcelona

Renzo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll keep this short, I am taking a trip to Paris and Barcelona this winter, and hope to take some amazing photographs! With all the scenery and architecture I was wondering what the best lens for my trip would be...I already have a 75-300mm and a 18-55mm--I was thinking maybe a fisheye lens for all the architecture? I am not very knowledgeable on this subject so any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated! (I have a Canon Rebel T1i)
 
I was in both cities just a month or so ago... not for sight seeing (although i did make a little time for the sights)... I can see an ultrawide being useful indoors... but the big thing... if I had it to do again i'd make room for my tripod... days are short this time of year.

enjoy the city... and the amazingly awesome public transport systems they have... also be careful in Barcelona for pick-pockets... I had a small lapse in judgment (wallet was snatched on the subway because I forgot to put it in a safe pocket... doh
 
I would skip the fish-eye; the novelty of the effect wears off quickly, but an ultrawide zoom would definitely be my choice. Look into the Tokina 11-16 f2.8; it's relatively inexpensive, and produces very good results.
 
I used my 17-55 when touring; did not miss taking the longer zoom, did not really use my 10-20, FWIW. Have a great time!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom