What's new

Park C&C for contest

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
6
Location
Athens, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I went to a local park and got some waterfall pictures. I am going to enter these two in a contest for the park system. There is a 17 and younger category that I will enter and 90 of the pictures will be held on display. So here they are any C&C welcome.

3942590816_07dc6eb44e_b.jpg



3942587042_3ff4077aa4_b.jpg

Also should I add a small watermark with my URL on it? Or would that be in
bad taste? There isnt a rule saying I cant.
 
I like the first one but the trees cutting off the rest of the bridge bother me.
The second one is nice - try cropping out an inch and 1/2 on the right side - that branch is distracting and out of focus. Did you get the top of the bridge on the 2nd one/did you crop it out?
 
Well for the contest they didnt want allot of man made structures in the picture. And its not OOF I was at F/22 and about 1.3 seconds of shutter with a 1 Stop ND filter on it so it was probably just shaking or something. But thanks when I crop it for a 8X10 Ill keep that in mind!
 
Well for the contest they didnt want allot of man made structures in the picture. And its not OOF I was at F/22 and about 1.3 seconds of shutter with a 1 Stop ND filter on it so it was probably just shaking or something. But thanks when I crop it for a 8X10 Ill keep that in mind!

Oh, if they didn't want too much man made stuff then I think it's good... gives you a forest feel with a little city life mixed in. I like it :thumbup:
 
The second one is much better, IMO - it has movement in the flow of the water and your eyes follow it down naturally. The first one has no real subject and the eyes wander with no place to settle - it's a nice effort and I love the bridge/nature juxtaposition, but the composition doesn't work nearly as well as the second one.
 
i keep on seing C&C everywhere excuse my ignorance but what does C&C mean?
thanks
 
Is it just me (though my eyes are screwy at 6am lol) or is the horizon just a little bit tilted to the left in both pictures, but more so in the first one?

Maya - C&C is comments and critiques
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom