Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken at Shelly Beach Auckland New Zealand

Trees are light painted with a godox flash
nikon d750 f/2.8 14 mm lens

DSC_4781_smaller.jpg

Unusual shot. The light painting gives those trees a surreal appearance.

Awesome! Can I ask what was your shutter speed? I played around the other day with the night sky, seemed like 30 seconds and I would get the stars streaking.

Awesome! Can I ask what was your shutter speed? I played around the other day with the night sky, seemed like 30 seconds and I would get the stars streaking.
Off the top of my head 30sec the light painting was done by hand holding and triggering my godox flash between the long exposure

This looks so surreal!

That would depend on the focal length. The longer the focal length, the shorter the exposure needs to be to prevent streaking. The amount of streaking is still the same, it is just less visible on an ultra wide angle than one a tele...

That would depend on the focal length. The longer the focal length, the shorter the exposure needs to be to prevent streaking. The amount of streaking is still the same, it is just less visible on an ultra wide angle than one a tele...
yep 100% and i was right at that limit with my 14mm at 30sec on a full frame camera, there is a long exposure astrophotography lens formula to work out your maximum time without streaking showing, You take the number 500 and then divided it by the focal length of your lens = the longest exposure before stars start to trail or blur, so for my 14mm lens i can do upto around 35sec,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back