Park Photo Shoot

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was our most recent photoshoot and was done with all natural light at 10am in a local park. The objective of this shoot is a "natural colorful look". All C&C welcome.

3725452107_06f174cbf6_o.jpg

3726258640_6fdc063d7a_o.jpg

3725452073_d0991d6e64_o.jpg

3725452049_a8b62ee043_o.jpg

3725452131_561c39b665_o.jpg

3726258698_fd7978314e_o.jpg

3725452163_763cf1dd1d_o.jpg

3726258674_b7b2903fc3_o.jpg

3726258738_5f15e6f80d_o.jpg

3726258720_55d1013359_o.jpg

Last edited:
These are fantastic. I love the colours and I think you achieved your objective. I especially like #1, 2, and 6! Did you use a fill flash or a reflector for these?

In #8 I find the trike handlebars to be too bright, they pull my attention from her face, but I love the light so I'm not sure what could be done about that.

They are great! Specially the models you got, they know very well of what they are doing...1, 2, 5 and 10 are really nice. :thumbup: for the models!

Excellent! Really like 3 and 7. 10 is the only one that I'm "eh" about. Gorgeous, gorgeous kids.

These are fantastic. I love the colours and I think you achieved your objective. I especially like #1, 2, and 6! Did you use a fill flash or a reflector for these?

In #8 I find the trike handlebars to be too bright, they pull my attention from her face, but I love the light so I'm not sure what could be done about that.

Thanks for the comments :D. No fill flash just reflectors sometimes. I think your right about #8, I think the whole picture might be a little blown out.

They are great! Specially the models you got, they know very well of what they are doing...1, 2, 5 and 10 are really nice. :thumbup: for the models!.

Thanks KCC :thumbup:. These kids were awesome to shoot. We pretty much let them do their thing and we just shot away barely posing them. It was great.

Excellent! Really like 3 and 7. 10 is the only one that I'm "eh" about. Gorgeous, gorgeous kids.

Appreciate the input Breanna :D. I was wondering what didn't do it for you in #10, was it the pose, composition ?

I do like the vibrant and colorful color palette you have, but the first and fourth photos are horizontal compositions for no apparent reason. In the top photo, the extremely out of focus tree does not advance the composition much to my eye, and the fourth shot, the one of the same little blond boy appears to have some serious, heavy background cloning that stands out. Same with the little girl on the tricycle-the cloning is obvious even at web size.

Photo #4 really is not a good horizontal composition; his head is too close to the top of the frame,and the entire left hand side of the frame shows us nothing but your copyright stamp. I think cropping off the feet of both children on the brother/sister portrait,as well as the girl's foot in the first tricycle shot is something you ought to try not to allow to happen.

Frames five and six are good examples of pictures that make absolute sense as vertical shots; frame 4 would have made a good vertical as well, but it makes a poor horizontal pose. I like frames 2, 6, and 7 quite a bit,and think those are the most refined poses you showed. I think had frame 1 been framed as a vertical, it would have paired very well with frame 6. I would rather see more of the child's body than the tree in frame 1; 6 corrects that by emphasizing the child,and minimizing the out of focus tree bark that dominates most of frame #1's entire left hand side.

I hope this C&C doesn't come off as too harsh, but that's the way I was taught to pose and frame; horizontal portraits minimize the size of the sitter's features, and almost invariably a horizontal shot becomes an "environmental" portrait since it shows so many degrees of view. In frames 2 and 7 and 10, there's an actual "need" to orient the camera horizontally, and those poses all make sense and are sound poses. Frames 1 and 4 are shown as horizontals, but the situations and the amount of the subject shown are poorly-suited to horizontal framing. I think if you can fully comprehend what I am trying to say here, you could elevate your posing and framing up several notches just by trying to look at some of the 'secrets' of people photography and eliminating what are called "incomplete poses" and "amputations".

These are very well done. My favorites are #2, 5, and 10. There's only one thing that I don't like much about #10 and that's how the boy's eyes are nearly closed. On #9, his hands look kind of stiff and unnatural. I'm kind of iffy on #1, I'm not sure what it is, but I like it and I don't like it. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense to me either :lol: Anyways, these are overall wonderful shots of wonderful models, in my opinion. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back