What's new

Parkour Shots

RufioPow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all first time poster here.

A little while back I took these photos for a magazine highlighting this new gym in the Chicago area and I wanted to get some thoughts from others in the community.

so... Critique away!

Grant
 

Attachments

  • $_MG_9824.webp
    $_MG_9824.webp
    176.2 KB · Views: 108
  • $_MG_9765.webp
    $_MG_9765.webp
    269.2 KB · Views: 96
  • $_MG_9756.webp
    $_MG_9756.webp
    269.3 KB · Views: 109
  • $_MG_9676.webp
    $_MG_9676.webp
    366.1 KB · Views: 106
  • $_MG_9655.webp
    $_MG_9655.webp
    545.1 KB · Views: 99
  • $_MG_9628.webp
    $_MG_9628.webp
    269.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I really like 5. But I think that u should of added a wider aperture. And try experimenting, something like motion blur;)
 
I like the beginnings, but it strikes me as you and a buddy in your bak yard (which it may be, but find a better backdrop for this cool backdrop for this cool subject. I don't nessasarily agree with Joshua, I kind of like the stopped down, gritty, detailed look. Just my opinion. Good start, eh!!
 
Id say play around with motion blur and gritty...see how they look both have their place. I might also suggust at night with a remote flash so you cant tell your in a back yard
 
This is cool. Nice colour and sense of movement. ^^ Good suggestions, above. I like both ideas: blurring, night shots.

This activity looks potentially very painful if the participants should fall and hit a beam or something. Ouch. Not Jaemie's kind of sport, obviously. :p
 
Thanks for the tips everyone!!

I definitely agree with Jed on the setting but the magazine was highlighting their gym, which actually is in a backyard of a cross-fit building so you nailed it on the head with that one.

Hope to be posting more work related to parkour pretty soon!!

Grant
 
The spider man in the becoming.... I really like the images :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom