Parkour stills

Alzran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I enjoy doing parkour and making videos. Most of my video footage comes from iPhones, Go Pros, or even just my own dinky camera. But, some of the stills I've captured from these videos seemed pretty good, if you're not too nitpicky about image quality... Since parkour movements are so quick, it's difficult to snap a great, high-quality shot. Thus, I do my best with what I've got.

I will start with my most recent favorite:

kb38.jpg

Next one was from the same day. Turned out pretty blurry, but again, not too bad.

h0e5.jpg

Next three are POV shots from a Go Pro Hero 2
k1gm.jpg

2o12.jpg

p432.jpg

Anyway, I'll keep this updated as I get more shots, maybe.

I would be VERY tolerant and receptive to any shots by any parkour guy. Because I know that any of his shots can his last one.

On a serious note - do not forget about eye contact, it is a must.

I'll try to think of ways to come up with eye contact for similar pictures. I don't know exactly how it'll work, but I'll certainly try.

I think you've got some opportunities to get some really cool shots.

Try shooting in shutter speed priority and a slightly higher ISO. Try 1/800 second for every shot. This should insure you freeze your subjects.

My main issue with these shots is they don't "tell a story" as a set. They aren't technically perfect either (shutter speed is too slow on at least 2 of them).

Post more though. I'd be interested in seeing more.

I'll try to think of ways to come up with eye contact for similar pictures. I don't know exactly how it'll work, but I'll certainly try.

My apologies - the phrase about eye contact is from a different thread, I do not know how on earth it ended up here. Forget about eye contact, that was for the girl who shoots kids for family albums :scratch: just stay alive and well :D
I watched your video, cool stuff.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, but very flawed images. Anytime you have to say "if you're not nitpicky about image quality"...on a photography forum...maybe it's better to stop and reshoot.

Like Majeed said, either shutter priority or full manual, at least 1/500 if not 1/1000 sec. Blurry images of an action are an absolute dealbreaker, unless they're intentional and artistic... like here

I think you've got some opportunities to get some really cool shots.

Try shooting in shutter speed priority and a slightly higher ISO. Try 1/800 second for every shot. This should insure you freeze your subjects.

My main issue with these shots is they don't "tell a story" as a set. They aren't technically perfect either (shutter speed is too slow on at least 2 of them).

Post more though. I'd be interested in seeing more.

Well, first of all, I don't have a camera in which I can control that. The first two are actually still frames from videos taken with an iPhone. The last three are still frames taken from Go Pro video. The subject in each of these images is me; for the first two, I was not the person with the camera. Perhaps next fall I'll invest in a higher-quality photoshoot.

My apologies - the phrase about eye contact is from a different thread, I do not know how on earth it ended up here. Forget about eye contact, that was for the girl who shoots kids for family albums :scratch: just stay alive and well :D
I watched your video, cool stuff.

Thanks.

Interesting stuff, but very flawed images. Anytime you have to say "if you're not nitpicky about image quality"...on a photography forum...maybe it's better to stop and reshoot.

Like Majeed said, either shutter priority or full manual, at least 1/500 if not 1/1000 sec. Blurry images of an action are an absolute dealbreaker, unless they're intentional and artistic... like here

Fair enough, just thought I'd put 'em up anyway.

Well, first of all, I don't have a camera in which I can control that. The first two are actually still frames from videos taken with an iPhone. The last three are still frames taken from Go Pro video. The subject in each of these images is me; for the first two, I was not the person with the camera. Perhaps next fall I'll invest in a higher-quality photoshoot.

Thanks.

Fair enough, just thought I'd put 'em up anyway.

Maybe if you're not interested in feedback on the photography you should consider your audience here.

Most reactions

Back