Parliment Hill

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I rented a car and decided to take the 4 hour drive to our nations capital. Spent 4 days wandering the streets alone with only my camera and snapped about 400 shots.

The parliment buildings in Ottawa during the day...
184294417-L.jpg
At night I was lucky to be there on the weekend they had this light show and movies displayed across the front of the buildings, put to music. Kinda cool. Unfortunatly, I was too close for even my 18mm.

184294541-L.jpg

184294634-L.jpg

184294568-L.jpg

184294686-L.jpg

Hey Chiller!

Nice shots, I had no idea they did that on the parliament building, that's pretty cool.

Thanks man. It is only on for two weekends in the summer I hear. They pretty much play the history of Canada in movie form on the side of the buildings. Im glad I picked that weekend to go AWOL in a rented car.:lmao::lmao:

I wasn't aware they did that either. How cool that you were there for it! [And how long does the show last? Does it repeat over and over, or they just play it once?]

Beautiful picture of the main block during the day!! And that bright pink in the first nighttime shot looks pretty wild - you'd be able to see that tower for miles, lit up like that. Love love love those nighttime shots. Thanks for sharing these. :D

Thanks Jeanney. The show lasted half an hour. It was pretty cool. I only saw the 9:30 show, as I had a haunted tour booked for 11. We might use the second image in my calender, unless I can get back there in the fall.

That's really cool that they do that. It makes for a nice series of pictures too!

Number 2 somehow reminds me of Sex Pistols...awesome!

That is pretty neat what they did on the parliament building. Very cool effects and great captures on your part!

Thanks again for your comments. Appreciate it.

That shot would look very dramatic in a calendar!

There is talk of me doing two calenders now, one for each location. I have enough images for both, but lacking some fall shots. Soooo...It might be back to Ottawa in the fall. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Carl,

Long time no see. Glad to hear you got away for a few days. Those night shots are pretty cool. Berni and I are heading up to Ottawa this weekend for a Classic Air Rallye at the National Aviation Museum. I wonder if the light show will still be running then.

Congrats on the calendars.

See ya around,

Eric

Hey Carl,

Long time no see. Glad to hear you got away for a few days. Those night shots are pretty cool. Berni and I are heading up to Ottawa this weekend for a Classic Air Rallye at the National Aviation Museum. I wonder if the light show will still be running then.

Congrats on the calendars.

See ya around,

Eric

Thanks man. Im pretty sure you can catch the show...check it oot here.

Lightshow

Ya gotta grab a good seat. It is worth it to see the half hour show. :thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back