4885573310_2de5439f21_z.jpg

LARGER

4885899188_e90389ed9b_z.jpg

LARGER

4887602482_75f8030449_z.jpg

LARGER

4887850884_26bc7f86f0_z.jpg

LARGER

Make sure you look at them large in the lightroom!

I have quite a lot more to come, so add me as a contact or something on Flickr if you want to see them all. I'll post more on here too.

Any comments and critique is welcomed.

first one is pretty good but has quite a bit of distractions. Second is a little dull. The third is a good portrait almost wish it was in color. Fourth one is interesting i think a little dodge/burn in PS would enhance it further. The last one is a pretty good composition, although the lighting is a tad flat.

first one is pretty good but has quite a bit of distractions. Second is a little dull. The third is a good portrait almost wish it was in color. Fourth one is interesting i think a little dodge/burn in PS would enhance it further. The last one is a pretty good composition, although the lighting is a tad flat.

1. I wanted to capture the scene, without those 'distractions' it wouldn't be the same.

2. I was going for a minimalist look. I wish I had cropped the bottom more though.

3. It looks terrible in colour.

4. I'm fine with editing levels, colour, cloning imperfections and little things. But I see no real need to use dodging and burning.

5. Sorry, let me just move the sun.

#1 NEEDS fill flash...............

#2 A little random, tree loooks filled in/dark

#3 Nice shot, not sure of position in frame................?

#4 Horizon not level, detail in rocks too dark, can't see enough detail in water to make out if fast or slow shutter speed

#5 Interesting angle, bland sky, perhaps lacking somthing fancy approaching?

Clearly someone takes critique well. :lol:

I *was* going to give my feedback as the gallery description implies... however... nevermind.

:lol:

#1 NEEDS fill flash...............

#2 A little random, tree loooks filled in/dark

#3 Nice shot, not sure of position in frame................?

#4 Horizon not level, detail in rocks too dark, can't see enough detail in water to make out if fast or slow shutter speed

#5 Interesting angle, bland sky, perhaps lacking somthing fancy approaching?

1. there's a window there if I had used a flash it would have reflected off the window, cause you to see nothing. A reflector would work a lot better and I would keep the natural look.

2. I agree, but as I said before I was going for a minimalist look.

3. Why are you?

4. The horizon is level it's just bent because I shot this with a lense that has a lot of distortion.

5. Yeah the sky is terrible. I agree that it would be better with something else.

1. there's a window there if I had used a flash it would have reflected off the window, cause you to see nothing. A reflector would work a lot better and I would keep the natural look. There is such a thing as Off Camera Flash.

2. I agree, but as I said before I was going for a minimalist look. The centered horizon makes it look like 2 photos stacked on top of each other.

3. Why are you? What is the space on the left for, compositionally?

4. The horizon is level it's just bent because I shot this with a lense that has a lot of distortion. Image editing software can fix that.

5. Yeah the sky is terrible. I agree that it would be better with something else.
A polarizing filter on the lens would have helped.

You obviously lied. ;)

1. there's a window there if I had used a flash it would have reflected off the window, cause you to see nothing. A reflector would work a lot better and I would keep the natural look. There is such a thing as Off Camera Flash.

2. I agree, but as I said before I was going for a minimalist look. The centered horizon makes it look like 2 photos stacked on top of each other.

3. Why are you? What is the space on the left for, compositionally?

4. The horizon is level it's just bent because I shot this with a lense that has a lot of distortion. Image editing software can fix that.

A polarizing filter on the lens would have helped.

You obviously lied. ;)

1. I know. But then I would be mixing two different colour temperatures and I have no gels. As I said before a reflector would work better.

2. I know I wish I had cropped it more.

3. So it's not the generic tight crop look.

4. Yes, but that's effort and often involves a loss of quality.

5. Yeah I would but I don't have one and it was cloud upon thinner clouds.

I didn't, I've just been in a mood for arguing.

The photo of the girl should be vertical.

VERTICAL

VERTICAL!

Why the blank white background? Why no directional lighting attempted?

Why is the tree shot underexposed?

Why is the forking road shot vertical and crooked?

Why is the shot of the girl against the window underexposed?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back