What's new

part of a fountain. artsy? ish?

pixmedic4 4

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
15,488
Reaction score
7,889
Location
Central Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
part of a fountain at a hotel.
played with the exposure on this one for quite while. one minute i would like it darker, and the next minute i would like it lighter. never was able to really make up my mind how i thought i had "envisioned it".....so, i finally got tired of going back and forth with it and left it at what it is now. I thought it looked neat, especially with the one in the background blurred. maybe it needs a little more DOF. or maybe a little less background blur. might go back in the morning and try a few different settings and see what happens. In the meantime, this is what I got.


View attachment 47079
 
I have the sudden urge to pee.
 
I like the pov on #1, the color on #2.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
I like the pov on #1, the color on #2.

yea, on the first one, i warmed it up and cooled it down so many times trying to find where i REALLY liked it that i finally just got disgusted with the whole process and left it where you see it now.
i don't have near this much trouble with people shots. I can find the happy spot on people photos fairly quickly.
 
I like the first shot. It may be as is in real life, but I am wanting it to be perfectly vertical.

The straight-on shot doesn't do much for me.
 
I'd have given a TON of empty space on the right on the first, and with the coloring of the second.
 
I think a little brighter exposure. What about a longer exposure?
 
Judging from that fountain’s equipment, I’m guessing it must have been cold out that day.

I like the shallow DoF effect and viewing angle on the first one over the second.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
I wanted to go back and try a few different apertures, but i just didnt have the time. and when i finally HAD a little time, i didnt have the energy or interest.
 
Yeah, I'm wanting it to be a little more straight too. I would try using an ND filter and getting a longer exposure - could be interesting.
 
If you're looking for artsy, how about defying gravity? What about a 90 or 180* rotate?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom