Parts on a bench

AK47J

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing around with the Konica 40/1.8 lens on my Nex5. Black and white is an edit, original didn't have much color anyway. This was taken at f/4 I think?

Too bright? hmmm
benchparts.jpg

For me this would this would be better if the parts were laid out in such a way, or perhaps different parts used, so that you could see a logical assembly out of them. I'm guessing in this the big bearing goes in the big hole in the big rotor thing (?), but I can't see enough of it to tell if that's the case or not. And I have no idea where the smaller bearing goes. (maybe further inside the big rotor thing?)

I like it. My kind of photography which probably explains the lack of feedback :lol:
Nice conversion. It looks film-like. You get a thumb up :thumbup:

Thank you. I set the parts on the bench in a way that "felt" right for the shot, didn't much care about telling a story of how they go together.

Works for me. BTW, is that top bearing as bad as it appears in the photo? As a maintenance Supervisor, I just had to ask :lol:

Works for me. BTW, is that top bearing as bad as it appears in the photo? As a maintenance Supervisor, I just had to ask :lol:

The larger bearing on top is worse than it appears. Two rollers where gone, fallen out the the cage and chewed up by the gear reduction. The bearing seized in place and the hub was just turning over it instead of around it, if that makes sense? It had to have been this way for years, which is scary to say the least.

I like it. My kind of photography which probably explains the lack of feedback :lol:
Your kind of photography draws lots of comments. :sexywink:
Here I agree with Fokker. In this kind of situation (if the time permits) is possible to work on composition little harder. :D

Nice conversion. It looks film-like. You get a thumb up :thumbup:

It's not your photography, it's you, Rick. :smileys:

Since the background is not so unimportant, I think a more involved background, more stuff, more texture, more shapes would actually help this picture. Tools, like a big hammer, etc would have a link to the human issue. And turn that clamp so it isn't leading out of the frame.
Now the gears in the front just look a bit isolated and alone to me.

Most reactions

Back