party's pics!

ledicozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!I have to say sorry once again for my english but I need an help:I have to do some pics at a party saturday night.The place where the party is,is a club so there isn't a lot of light but more than in a disco.
I'll use my nikon f100 with a 50 1.8 on,do u think is enough If I try with an 800 film or I need a ttl flash too?Or do you have any others ideas????
Thank you really much!!

You'll most probably need a flash. I'm not sure how dark the clubs are in italy but here the light is too low often for even ISO1600 even with ludicrouly fast lenses.

My first advice is to practice in similar lighting conditions beforehand.
You can use external flash with the camera and set your F100 on rear curtain sync and a fairly slow shutter speed for some of the shots(like dancefloor shots), and this gives motion plus the flash exposure at the end establishes your subject in the photo. Front curtain sync can also be used. If the club has a ceiling that will reflect some light...and is not too high, then you can bounce the flash for a better distribution of the flash, assuming that you will be using an external flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back