TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Go ahead and tell me what you think! any critique is welcome :sexywink:

breck2bw.jpg

I like the shot a lot but I would say ditch the selelctive coloring it doesn;t really do much for the overall shot. I feel the txture of the wood posts is what draws the eye.

Ok, so here it is without selective colouring...

which one do you like best?

breck2.jpg

Spako, the selective coloring didn't bother me as much as it appears to have bothered D-50, but I AM curious why you chose to keep the red mark red? Were you just playing around with selective coloring (something I do ALL the time, so it's no criticism) or were you keeping it red for a reason? I think if I knew that I'd have more info to decide which I liked better.

After that, I like the composition in this picture, and I like how your choice has led my eye to walk down the path to the back of the shot. I aslo think that your exposure is pretty spot on.

Thank you for your comment jocose!

Well about the red mark... it was actually the one thing in the coloured picture that drew your eye on it, and I felt like it would be a pitty to just leave it out in the B/W picture...I just did it because I liked it better...

spako said:
Thank you for your comment jocose!

Well about the red mark... it was actually the one thing in the coloured picture that drew your eye on it, and I felt like it would be a pitty to just leave it out in the B/W picture...I just did it because I liked it better...

Fair enough. As I said, I think it works well without it, but I don't really think it hurts it either. Ultimately, remember that what we say here are only suggestions and our opinions...it is YOUR picture (assuming you didn't steal it from someone else), and as such YOU are the artist, and ultimately it's YOUR choice how you present it...it's like the Jo Cose philosophy of wine...drink what you like and f' the "experts."

I remember in college, I took a stage design class, and when the professor asked "Why did you choose this?" one of the students said, "no particular reason, I just liked it." The teacher nodded and said, "that's a very good answer."

Thank you Jocose, I really appreciate your comments!
And I really am new to photography so I'm very thankful for any comment and critique :)

Most reactions

Back