Payments on a dslr

suppyxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a used camera to make payments on does anyone know if Adorama takes payments

I used a really basic DSLR for the longest time that forced me to focus on learning the basics and then worked my way to save up for the DSLR and equipment I have now.

Adorama has the no interest if pay in full in 6 months, Best Buy has 18 months no interest program, and B&H Photo has something similar.

If you have decent credit, the Adorama 6-month plan is a great idea.

But if you have no / bad / limited credit, its unlikely you'll be accepted into any of those programs (I know Adorama requires credit...not sure about the others)

You'll live longer if you don't spend money you don't have.

If that mother ****in mafia guy comes banging on my front door one more time!

I'm looking for a used camera to make payments on does anyone know if Adorama takes payments

What do you want to spend and what can you afford? Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin has a really big classified section with some good deals. You can find a Canon 20D or 30D which is still a fine camera for $250-$350.

But you're going to have to have additional money too. If you buy just a body, you're going to need a lens and barring someone giving you a lens, it'll be about $100 for either a kit zoom or a 50 f/1.8 and those are two of the cheapest options out there. Even decent primes will run you $300 for a new/newish DSLR lens.

You could always go with another camera that accepts other mounts and use older MF glass. I believe Pentax is good for that, but I'm not sure how their 2nd hand DSLR market is and the company as a whole looks to be on unsteady footing.

find bitterjeweller in Cleveland and steal his nice camera. It is not that hard to spot him.

"if paid in full" is the most important part.

I really wish they would stop using terminology and hidden small print to prey on the consumer base (yes I believe the typical US consumer is stupid). More accurately, deferred interest w/ late fees.

Oh well.. business is business that's all that matters right?

My credit is so bad, some places won't take my cash anymore.

I have the money I can only take did amounts out each month .... All I'm asking is that does keh do that

Call them directly and ask.

Personally, I would not finance something like this. I would save that money each month until I had enough to buy what I wanted. Just my opinion though.

Unless this is an emergency (broken gear before wedding, some kind of tragedy) and you have your own business (i.e, making enough money to pay it off and then some).. I wouldn't finance a new camera. That's my opinion. Save up some money, buy it when you can. Maybe that's just me..

Most reactions

Back