TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7190-1.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

Please go and edit your post and put spaces between the photos. Number them, is my suggestion, so that people can more easily refer to them.

To my mind, they all thoroughly lack in contrast. Are they straight out of camera? No post processing has been applied?
You should apply some!

None of your pictures come close to being correctly exposed. They look like they're all under exposed. Pictures 1,2, & 4 have no central theme/subject, thus are poorly composed. Picture # 3 at least has a river running through it, which is your best composed picture, but again, your exposure is so far off, it's really hard to really CC.

May I suggest that you post these pictures or your next set in the Beginner's Forum. You'll get more CC's there, and positive direction on proper exposures and composition.

All of these look like they've been shot through an aircraft window. They need some serious contrast boosts and colour corrections - but if you get it right. #3 and #4 could be winners.

All of these look like they've been shot through an aircraft window. They need some serious contrast boosts and colour corrections - but if you get it right. #3 and #4 could be winners.

I think you're right about being shot out of a aircraft window. It never occurred to me how he managed to take those pictures.

out the aircraft window is correct and joel/noob thanks for trying not to be an @$$hole, sorry i am not one those people who use photoshop or any other editing software. I believe, if you take the photo the right way with the right settings (naturaly) you dont need to edit , other than that if i was trying to make money off of my photo's than maybe i would edit, but i think they are pretty good to be taken from the aircraft,
thank you

For as long as you yourself think your photography is really good, everything is well - for you.
But be prepared for some critique that says otherwise about these, and supposedly also other photos you plan to post up here in the future.
Unless you really rely on, and deeply trust, the post (!) processing that your camera settings (as designed by some technician in the camera factory, mind you) do for you while saving the photo you took onto your chip card, you must post process digital photos. It is no sign of weakness of a photographer to post process their photos. Post processing has been done at ALL times, also when digital photography was still unheard of. Keep that in mind, will you?

Just so you get an idea if ONLY the one-second click to "auto levels" is applied to your Photo 3:

mg71901.jpg

No extensive photoshop work done apart from ONE click...

that looks awsome but im just happy that i had the opportunity to get shots of the colorado rockies from an aircraft but is there any editing software you would recomenned besides the 800 dollar photoshop?

I understand you point of view, but even top nature/wildlife/scenic photographers like Moose Peterson, and Art Wolfe edit their pictures. Availing yourself of a good editing program will only serve to enhance your pictures.

If you were viewing your pictures from our point of view, how would you perceive them as to composition and exposure?

If you're looking for a basic editing program, did your camera come with one? If not, Windows Live View has a free one. A google search will turn up several more. If you don't mind spending about $100 Adobe Elements 10 is excellent.

I use apperture and it is not terrible expensive. Lightroom is great too. There is a free software called GIMP as well but I have not played with it too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back