The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unfortunately not very sharp but it is what it is.

upload_2016-3-16_11-24-9.png

Since chairs are not always available, most people in SE Asia retain a good deal of flexibility, able to sit on their heels and stand relatively easily.

I had a Korean girlfriend who wouldn't even sit in a chair when she was on the phone. She preferred to squat on her heals like the woman in your photo. I think there is confusion as to what's supposed to be of interest. I would go with a tighter crop for example down to just above her head and just to the right of her right most peanut basket.

This is just peanuts!!!

:801::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This looks plenty sharp to me.:)
Maybe I should be a peanut vender, it looks kinda nice, and I do love me a good peanut! :1219:

Maybe I should be a peanut vender, it looks kinda nice, and I do love me a good peanut! :1219:

Lots of fiddling around with various techniques to make it look that way.
One of the all time fun experiences was going into non-tourist areas and meeting locals.
They don't get to talk with tourists and you get an insight into their lives that is incomparable.

My son is the family champion at this. He told me just a few days ago that one of the premier travel experiences he ever had was riding in the guards' train from Lao Cai to Hanoi one night and spending hours talking with low ranking Vietnamese soldiers who were there to guard the train against thieves at the various stations. At every stop they would just out and stand about with some kind of rifle, watching thieves.

This are stories of two of my adventures - Meeting Esther-sitting-by-the-road

Meeting a man who wanted to kill me.

Chairs are overrated anyways. I much prefer to wake up and have coffee on my mini trampoline. It's good for the hips!! I want a floor heighth table but DH just won't go for it.....

On second thought, that probably isn't a good idea with 2 mastiffs in the house.

I do like the photo though! Are there peanuts everywhere in your travels?? I've always worried about traveling with my oldest son who is anaphylactic to peanut dust.

I don't remember peanuts for sale much except for this women vendor but peanuts are ubiquitous in the food in Thailand and Myanmar.
I am not allergic to fish but very sensitive to certain kinds that produce large amounts of histamine precursors when they aren't acutely fresh so, before each trip I would get a message
written in the target language (usually from local consulate) telling people I cannot eat fish and to please warn me about food with any fish in it.
On the other side was a message that said I am very sick and need to go to nearest doctor or nurse.
I also carried epipen with me.

Used warning cards a good deal, never got sick.
Card always interested locals and I would get special treatment and care often.

Lew, I call this a great photo. Since I first saw this earlier this morning I can't get it out of my head. I'm wondering who she is, why she's on the street selling peanuts at her age, etc, etc, etc; comparing her to my mother who has never had to work since she married, is bed-bound, in a nursing home and has lost the ability to communicate.

I don't remember peanuts for sale much except for this women vendor but peanuts are ubiquitous in the food in Thailand and Myanmar.
I am not allergic to fish but very sensitive to certain kinds that produce large amounts of histamine precursors when they aren't acutely fresh so, before each trip I would get a message
written in the target language (usually from local consulate) telling people I cannot eat fish and to please warn me about food with any fish in it.
On the other side was a message that said I am very sick and need to go to nearest doctor or nurse.
I also carried epipen with me.

Used warning cards a good deal, never got sick.
Card always interested locals and I would get special treatment and care often.

The card sounds like a great idea, and it is great that the locales are so nice about it. :)

Lots of fiddling around with various techniques to make it look that way.
One of the all time fun experiences was going into non-tourist areas and meeting locals.
They don't get to talk with tourists and you get an insight into their lives that is incomparable.

My son is the family champion at this. He told me just a few days ago that one of the premier travel experiences he ever had was riding in the guards' train from Lao Cai to Hanoi one night and spending hours talking with low ranking Vietnamese soldiers who were there to guard the train against thieves at the various stations. At every stop they would just out and stand about with some kind of rifle, watching thieves.

This are stories of two of my adventures - Meeting Esther-sitting-by-the-road

Meeting a man who wanted to kill me.

That is interesting, and thanks for the link! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back