What's new

Peeping Tom

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How's the B&W conversion? All other C&C is welcome!!
9764984073_8b0eb79265_b.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #2
If it sucks...say it!!! LOL
 
Great composition; I like how the aspect ratio of the crop mimics that of the centered window, then the window is further subdivided into rectangles, creating a kind of "cascading rectangles" visual theme.

The photo stands as-is, but if it were mine, I'd probably be tempted to bust out the D&B tools to exaggerate the "dirtiness" of the wall.
 
It's good but not up to your normal high standard. But it's a different subject matter and I appreciate that.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
It's good but not up to your normal high standard. But it's a different subject matter and I appreciate that.

What would make the shot better? Or is it that the subject will never be interesting enough?
 
What would make the shot better? Or is it that the subject will never be interesting enough?

Not interesting enough. Windows are very cool but at the same time very popular subjects (I have a bunch). Maybe a higher contrast version with more separation between the chipping paint and wood underneath.
 
If it sucks...say it!!! LOL
Hey, your avatar says it all. :mrgreen:
Can't comment about conversion, but I like the range of tones you achieved here.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
To me, this shot could work in a series, like if you had several images of this rundown looking place. You could even photograph it like a puzzle and put the pieces together in triptychs or find some other creative way to assemble them.

Just an idea!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
To me, this shot could work in a series, like if you had several images of this rundown looking place. You could even photograph it like a puzzle and put the pieces together in triptychs or find some other creative way to assemble them.

Just an idea!

You're in luck!! I have a boring white door to go with that window...hehe
 
:hug::

Shhhh...it will be ok.
 
I always want shots of windows to work, but for some reason they never seem to. I think the raw symmetry of them just leaves no tension for the image. That's my guess. Plus they're also... just windows.

You did find a neat one, though, which adds something... but not a ton. Get someone IN that window peeping out and you'd have something epic.
 
I would have cropped a little off the top. I think it puts the window more at "eye level."

I don't know - either that or a naked chick behind the glass. ;)

View attachment 55745
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #15
I'm going to work on this shot a little tonight and see if I can make it more interesting...lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom