Pelican Week

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I find myself this week in Florida in a place where the pelicans are diving for fish right off our patio. My goal is to get some good shots of them diving. Here are a few starter shots.
PM1_6833.jpeg

PM1_6834.jpeg

PM1_6835.jpeg

PM1_6837.jpeg

These are terrific! Great shooting. I like the intensity of the first one the best.

Nice action shots! Shouldn't every week be pelican week?

Why, yes. Yes, it should!

A funny old bird is the pelican
His beak can hold more than his belly can
And I don't know how the hell he can.

Reactions: PJM
Nice action set! I grew up in FL on the Space Coast, and miss it a lot, but they ruined my beach.
You laugh @terri but they built condos all up and down the beach. I used to walk out the front door, walk 100 yards, cross A1A, and there it was, a nice pristine unspoiled beach as far as the eye could see in either direction. Now it's just condos with restricted access to the beach.

You laugh @terri but they built condos all up and down the beach. I used to walk out the front door, walk 100 yards, cross A1A, and there it was, a nice pristine unspoiled beach as far as the eye could see in either direction. Now it's just condos with restricted access to the beach.
Oh! I thought you were saying the pelicans ruined the beach. :blush: I like them.

I wholeheartedly agree that builders have been allowed to get too aggressive and taken over formerly open, pristine beaches. A1A used to go on for miles and miles and seemed to be left alone. We visited my grandparents in Fort Lauderdale a lot when I was a kid, and they sometimes took us for long drives along there. It was beautiful!

Nice action set! I grew up in FL on the Space Coast, and miss it a lot, but they ruined my beach.
Thanks Jeff. It's getting pretty overrun with people and houses over here on the west coast too.

These are terrific! Great shooting. I like the intensity of the first one the best.
Thanks terri. I hope to get a few more to post.

Thanks Mitch. As far as I'm concerned it should. It's a lot nicer here than back home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back