Pentax does it again

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just on pentax's website looking for firmware updates for my istD and realized that Pentax has released a third generation of the camera, now if we could only convince them that making the lcd bigger isn't enough to generate a new camera

Looks like they heard you trogdooor. The DL will have 2.5" LCD compared to the 2" on the IST DS and the 1.8" on the IST D. In looking at all the other specs, I can't see any real difference between the 3 models except price. What is the real difference here if anyone knows? This DL is supposed to ship w/ a 18-55 lens for under $800 while at the other end of the spectrum, the D ships for $1200 body only. They all have the same sensor with same effective megapixel.

I was looking at buying the DS in the near future perhaps. Maybe I'll just wait for the DL. What do you think of the D trog, and do see any differences in the specs between yours and the DS or DL worth the price differential?

Can't remember what they are but I remember reading about the differences between the D and the DS. All I recall is that there are several and the DS is geared a little more for the novice while the D is set up more for the experienced. Check Pentax forums.

Dave

From what i've seen most of the difference are pretty basic, a few control things and stuff like that, nothing exceptional though, I would recommend looking at the specs real closely and decide for yourself, but i'd guess the lower price might be a decent incentive for the ds. I think the DL may be made a little sturdier ( just from the mention of what the body is made of)

Johnboy2978 said:
Looks like they heard you trogdooor. The DL will have 2.5" LCD compared to the 2" on the IST DS and the 1.8" on the IST D. In looking at all the other specs, I can't see any real difference between the 3 models except price. What is the real difference here if anyone knows? This DL is supposed to ship w/ a 18-55 lens for under $800 while at the other end of the spectrum, the D ships for $1200 body only. They all have the same sensor with same effective megapixel.

I was looking at buying the DS in the near future perhaps. Maybe I'll just wait for the DL. What do you think of the D trog, and do see any differences in the specs between yours and the DS or DL worth the price differential?

Cut your losses and jump to Canon. They have their dSLR process in high gear!

Really? Why Canon glass over Pentax?

mainly selection than anyhthing else. I plan on using the camera professionally and pentax just doesn't offer a wide selection in that area. For example, I B&H has recently removed the f2.8 70-200 zoom. Also, those have been back oredered for as long as I can remember.

Really? Why Canon glass over Pentax?

mainly selection than anyhthing else. I plan on using the camera professionally and pentax just doesn't offer a wide selection in that area. For example, I B&H has recently removed the f2.8 70-200 zoom. Also, those have been back oredered for as long as I can remember.

Also Pentax just doesn't have something to compete with even the 20D not to mention the 1D or D2X

Most reactions

Back