Pentax K1000

LinzKaye13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I own a Pentax K1000...it was used when I bought it, but it is still in pretty good condition. I am looking to get a zoom lens. I was wondering what focal length would be useful or good to use... (I don't really need it for any particular reason- just for fun)...
And if you think I should just invest in a new camera instead of spending money on a lens (but I think I am going to shop ebay for either)...
Any and all opinions are helpful!
Thanks so much...
Lindsey

Ps... like would a PENTAX M 135mm f3.5 SMC LENS work??

Sigma 28-105mm f3.8-4.5 UC would also work, coupled with a 80-200mm Pentax zoom and you'd have a quite wide range of focal lengths.

LinzKaye13 said:
Ps... like would a PENTAX M 135mm f3.5 SMC LENS work??

Well, that's not a zoom lens, and since it's a prime lens ( single focal length lens ) I would normally suggest something faster ( lower f/# ). I like Mitica's suggestion, something (Pentax, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina) with a 28 to 105mm zoom range is very handy.

A K-1000 is a great camera to learn photography with. It can use any manual focus or auto-focus Pentax bayonet mount ( also called K-mount ) lens. That's 35 years of relatively inexpensive lenses. I would look for old manual focus primes and new AF zooms. Old primes will be just as good with image quality as the newer lenses, but will go for less money, and probably have sturdier construction. New AF zooms will be lighter, and may have increased image quality when compared to old, manual focus zooms.

Check out this thread,

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3028

and pick up a basic book on photography (library, used book store) and read the section on lenses. Then you'll be better informed about what sort of lens would work best for you.

Most reactions

Back