pentax lenses

wheatleyaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Pentax K2000 and have a 50mm lens from an old film camera. The lens fits on the camera (being a K mount) and I can see through it an focus it and all, but it won't take pictures. Will it just not work or is there some setting that I need to change in the camera in order for it to work?

DO you haver the camera in a fully manual exposure mode??? I would think that it would shoot pictures in a fully manual exposure mode.

I had it full manuel, as well as most of, if not all, the other modes. Is there a menu setting I have to change? Or is it possible that the lens is from a series of lenses that aren't compatible even though its a K mount?

I purchased a bargain Samsung GX-1L which is a Pentax *ist rebrand a while back. Some settings had to be set prior to using it with my old screwmounts and Kmount lenses. I posted it a while back and this an old camera so the menus and settings might have changed... but it still might help:

"* All my old lenses work Both K and KA even though the camera sepecifically mentions only KA and KAF. There are few settings that got the manual k-mounts without the "A" setting on the aperture work. 1) "AE-L on M expr" needs to be set to 2 to allow the "AE-L" button function as the stop-down metering in aperture priority. 2) "Use Aperture ring" has to be set to 2 to allow you to use lenses even though they are not set in the "A" setting. 3) Move the switch from "AF" to "M" or else the camera will try to focus prior to letting you trip the shutter. 4) The camera has to be set to full "M" manual mode. Once you set 1 and 2, you can leave it that way even though you switching between AF lenses and Manual K-mounts. Once all set, you basically focus, set your aperture via the lens ring, hit AE-L (stops down and sets shutter), and then press the shutter. Works pretty seemlessly. I got a kick out of mounting my older screw mount M42 lenses too."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back