People and their sofas

Those are really cool Hertz. I like the first photo a lot. The mood in it is so nice. :)

maybe a new thread can be started in themes section "Famous people I've shot!!!" (with a camera that is!). Im afraid i wouldnt be able to contribute to it though :( but it would be nice to see other peoples pics.

Time to resurect this thread - mainly because I just found another one.
IrmaSetas.jpg

the guy in the first looked familar but i wasn't quite sure. something to do with python? i don't know the other.

these images are new to me and are obviously wonderful! with the elapse of each day it becomes more of an honour to know you Hertz!

so, what's the story here?

The lady is a singer called Melanie - she used to sing with the Country & Western gynaecologist, Hank Wangford (who no-one will have heard of unless they were around London in the 80's) and had a solo career too.
I turned up the morning after her birthday - hence the flowers and baloons. She wanted the photo to make a statement about her so I ended up constructing it like a still life. Never ever let the subject art direct...
She got me to do 20 odd prints for her - and never paid me for them. But she was so nice I didn't mind. And the clients paid in the end.

Here are a few pictures i've taken a long time ago with my point-and-shoot:

My friends and i are all squished together on my Futon (That counts, right?). I'm the girl to the far left inbetween the two guys. ;) You can hardly see the futon though. :(
groupfriends6fj.jpg

Here's another one where you can see the futon better. There's a baby squirrel in the box my one friend has.
groupfuton0dt.jpg

These pictures are ok, right?

I love the second photo! What a pile of people. That can't possibly be confortable, but they all look so happy. Go figure.:mrgreen:

Inspired by Hertz Van Rental's photographs, I took this picture of my son and his girlfriend at our house on his last night before going to Air Force boot camp.
peopleandcouchesweb.jpg

My bro-in-law. We were at a hotel lobby.. and hense cannot be considered his sofa. :)
CRW_5583tresize-vi.jpg

couch.jpg

Complete with heat absorber ... errr wait, the new 17" runs significantly cooler than the old 15"

Chris that's a gorgeous shot of your mum and brother. I love it!! It's just so loving and I love the fact that it's blurred too!

Here's my contributions to this theme. I specifically took it for this thread too. I've been meaning to take a photo for it ever since Hertz first brought it up and finally thanks to Digital Matt and his amazing PS skills, he's helped me fix it!! Thanks again matt.

good-copy.jpg

My mum and our dog, sooty, watching late night tv.... oh and that's me on the very far right. ;-)

Meysha said:
Chris that's a gorgeous shot of your mum and brother. I love it!! It's just so loving and I love the fact that it's blurred too!
Thanks Meysha!
I thought the same thing.
It's one of my favorite, one of those that will last forever in my mind. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back