People in the US are nice

My first time in the US was 2000,flying from Glasgow to Newark Airport, I found a few arrogant and unfriendly folk there. One guy skipped the queue in front of me and his arrogant manner nearly made me "lose it" with him. Then flew down to Orlando and found the folk there really friendly. The last time we were in Orlando, again, my friend and I were in an Outdoors shop and this American man and his son just stopped and chatted to us for about 20 minutes. His parting line was "Thank you for visiting us here in the United States, you have a great vacation". I have no problems with Americans. I have heard that New Yorker's are an unfriendly bunch, that's from a few people. Americans do get a lot of negative press, but all-in-all, they're a sound bunch.

I've been living in New York for 7 months now. The people here are really nice. Sure you have your grumpy doormen and angry cab drivers, but I don't think they represent the city.

pascal

It's sad to say but people here in the Tampa Bay, FL area are nasty at times.:grumpy:

I live about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan and sure there are your few rude people but for the most part people are pretty nice. I always go into the city and have never had a problem yet. Castrol as for you maybe you should look into a nice quality hotel where they dont have theme rooms and dont rent by the hour.

I live about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan and sure there are your few rude people but for the most part people are pretty nice. I always go into the city and have never had a problem yet. Castrol as for you maybe you should look into a nice quality hotel where they dont have theme rooms and dont rent by the hour.

Travelers comment actually made me laugh out loud, much to the dismay of
my coworkers.

However, you stole his joke and therefore get no chuckle from me sir. :)

I've found most ambulance drivers, hobos, garbage men, soldiers and pilots to be very friendly.

then you're clearly not a lawyer, cop, doctor, redneck, businessman or gangster, then, are you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back