Pep Ventosa method

RonSill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I learned about this technique just this week and have been experimenting with it. The basics of the technique is you take several shots of the same subject from different angles then blend the shots together.

408121631_10227313506237469_1154342032010878893_n.jpg

Love it - dreamy art, on the way to an impressionist painting IMO.
I imagine you would have to pic your scene well though for the effect to work well.

That's an interesting effect and I'm quite taken with it (by it?).

I learned about this technique just this week and have been experimenting with it. The basics of the technique is you take several shots of the same subject from different angles then blend the shots together.

View attachment 270404
It looks interesting, but in fact, everything has already been done in photography... the effect shown is more than 100 years old, comes from painting and was used in the period of pointilism by mainly French and Italian painters. This effect was also popular among photographers in the 1970s and 1980s, I used this effect myself in the late 1970s with Polaroid SX70 and 4x5" black and white instant material.

In this day and age of the internet/YouTube and social media it remains interesting to go to larger libraries and read older books about painting and photography to get all kind of (good) ideas, but just keep in mind that simply copying something is not Art, use these types of effects as a source of inspiration and experiment to eventually arrive at your own style. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back