What's new

perfectly imperfect

Hi, welcome to TPF.
 
Last edited:
I was trying to get pics of my Thoroughbred, Bella, she loves the camera a bit too much, but I still love the way it turned out despite it's flaws
IMG_7744-e_zps9bc2e539.jpg
 
Got this imperfect photo last weekend. I feel like the mud is going come right out of the monitor.

$1278949_10151992219501101_1801788863_o.webp
 
Testing out some new equipment a while ago with my oldest. She loves the camera.
$Testing with Kirra.webp
 
Testing out some new equipment a while ago with my oldest. She loves the camera.
View attachment 59765

What was your lighting set up on this one? 1 strobe and the sun as a hair light? How did you get the tree shadow behind her going to the concrete?

The sun was camera right which caused the shadow on the driveway but I had a speedlight on a stand to the right. I was just playing around really.
 
I see the shadow from the sun but the one right behind her that goes from her shadow to just on the concrete about hip height, that is the one I'm trying to see where it came from. because the sun shadows are coming from behind and the right, her shadow is coming from right going up left. Just really curious about that.
 
I see the shadow from the sun but the one right behind her that goes from her shadow to just on the concrete about hip height, that is the one I'm trying to see where it came from. because the sun shadows are coming from behind and the right, her shadow is coming from right going up left. Just really curious about that.

There was a tree to the left but I don't think that would've caused that shadow...maybe a shadow figure? haha IDK.
 
I see the shadow from the sun but the one right behind her that goes from her shadow to just on the concrete about hip height, that is the one I'm trying to see where it came from. because the sun shadows are coming from behind and the right, her shadow is coming from right going up left. Just really curious about that.

There was a tree to the left but I don't think that would've caused that shadow...maybe a shadow figure? haha IDK.

Okay, I may be seeing the shadow "backwards" and it is coming from that tree behind her and caused by the sun. I am just starting to look at pictures and determine the lighting used and pick out the shadows and what caused them and why. Interesting.
 
I see the shadow from the sun but the one right behind her that goes from her shadow to just on the concrete about hip height, that is the one I'm trying to see where it came from. because the sun shadows are coming from behind and the right, her shadow is coming from right going up left. Just really curious about that.

There was a tree to the left but I don't think that would've caused that shadow...maybe a shadow figure? haha IDK.

Okay, I may be seeing the shadow "backwards" and it is coming from that tree behind her and caused by the sun. I am just starting to look at pictures and determine the lighting used and pick out the shadows and what caused them and why. Interesting.

I definitely get why you asking. Looking at it carefully it looks like it is caused by the sun hitting the branch that is at her shoulder height to her left...the one just on the other side of the drive way. The shadow just above that one looks like it is from another neighbors tree that is further down the street.
 
yeah that is the tree shadow. you can see her (dark) shadow frame left.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom