perfectly imperfect

I had a noob moment today where I took more than a dozen photos before I realised I had the ISO on 800 in the middle of a bright sunny day. So much for nice clear pics with my new lens.
Typically, I managed to get some great shots which could have been a lot better with no digital noise.
Another reason this pic is wrong... Pretty sure eagles don't normally eat chips. But hey, I still love this pic. :)
$Eagles like chips for web.jpg

Last edited:
I like this thread and throwback Thursday. This sky over Florence was simply spectacular, but a huge contrast ratio. So the shadows are quite noisy and I could never make it very large but I sold quite a few matted 20x24.
globesbirdsmall_zps47d004df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll play along too! Here is a picture of my almost 3 year old son in which it is by far my favorite of him!

$DSC_0369.jpg

This was handheld, zoomed in a lot, and I must have moved when I pushed the shutter down and cropped off his head. As soon as I took the photo, the hawk flew away.

Hawk-Rain-3 by linktheworld219, on Flickr

Ohhhkay. I wanna join!

I took these a few months ago when I was trying to prove that my MILC COULD handle birds in flight. Out of probably 500+ shots Focus was a failure every time, but there were a few NEAR hits.

I can't help but think what an awesome capture (for me) this *could* have been.
$14860451994_4304305477_z.jpg

This one, I like how the clouds frame the bird. So sure, Its out of focus and it doesn't "fill the frame" but I like it anyways!
$14676382747_3ac4a8fafc_z.jpg

This was completely put out of focus and way to close to my boy but I still love it for some reason
8udeguzu.jpg

This was when I first got my camera...I wanted to catch waterfall so bad and this is what I got...it's so wrong and horrible but I still like it
hu2ybuvu.jpg

I need to learn to take my time. In my haste I didn't notice the two blades of grass until it was too late.

falls3 by csdryden72, on Flickr

$3970191606_80a11622d5_b.jpg

Blown out book highlights, overedited, and I lost the original RAW when my harddrive was stolen :( Still in love with it!!

Photoshop can fix that easily. Send me a copy and I'll fix it if you'd like.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to learn to take my time. In my haste I didn't notice the two blades of grass until it was too late.

falls3 by csdryden72, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back