What's new

perfectly imperfect

I've been told these are both to dark, but I really like them!!!

$Capture 9.webp

$Capture 12.webp
 
The focus on this one's a little soft, and I did a shoddy retouch job on the nose (old computer/no software), but I still love it. She's my baby!

$Nova Baby B&W.webp
 
I saw this evil person in the Church of The Holy Sepulchre in Old Jerusalem. It was obvious he didn't want his photograph taken. Bad person that I am, I wanted different and thought he was the "moneychanger" that Jesus came upon. It was b&w film at the turn of the century, probably asa 400. When I raised the camera,he got up so his face is blurry but his character does come through. I tried these two. The spookiness of that church and the meanness made an appearance but it never worked to my intent.
moneychanger1_zpsa51d3c12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
moneychanger2_zpse4d5a7d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
I think the blurriness kind of works in that shot. I'd probably prefer something between the two in terms of shadow detail. Having worked on photos like this of my own, though, I know how frustrating it can be.

Here's one I posted in a different thread several weeks ago. I wanted the focus on the white flower, but I'm still pleased with the overall look.


rs Flowers B by limrodrigues, on Flickr
 
Not sure I've had a "perfect" shot yet (or one that wasn't slightly out of focus or too high/ low of ISO) but here's two recently that came out less than perfect. Turns out I had my ISO a bit too high for just about every shot, I still managed to make the landscape shot come out alright though (IMO).
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_2377.webp
    $IMG_2377.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 227
  • $IMG_2430.webp
    $IMG_2430.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 127
I think these are closer than others I've done but certainly not perfect. Just a few things from the yard.

$Big-spider.webp$Four-Antique-Roses-7-13-14.webp
 
$image.webpLthis one I was to far to make it look good.. He looked like he had a tree wig on with flowers..
$image.webp I like this one. Sunset with swallows.. But unless you were there it's doesn't really tell you how peaceful it was..
 
Horrible PS background effect to hide clutter. I'd trash it if it wasn't for the expression of the little girl in the middle.

by cmwrenn3, on Flickr
 
Here's one by wifey:

$DSC03164 - Version 2.webp
 
Keyseddie he definitely is giving the malevolent eye there.
 
These two I love. The one of the skateboarder i really like even though he is really dark but knowing how much work he put into pulling the trick I am still really psyched on it. (I wasn't there when he started and ran over real quick to shoot it.) I also love the photo of the baby because he is my nephew and I love him so obvious emotional connection even though the cropping was a bit weird.
 

Attachments

  • $ian_hass_skate_web.webp
    $ian_hass_skate_web.webp
    2 MB · Views: 167
  • $jack_monica_web.webp
    $jack_monica_web.webp
    855.8 KB · Views: 159
BTW awesome thread!
 
A lil SOOC from earlier today.




14699612516_a282c4533a_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom