Personal Camera

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We don't carry around our professional cameras every day. We have a little Canon that we use. It's nothing fancy since it's really just a way to get a snapshot in case some friends get together. What do you the rest of you guys use?

I'm usually carrying a 5D, although I don't haul all the gear with it I would on a paid shoot. I can tuck it with a 50mm lens and a 430ex flash in a very small bag. For a beater I use my old 20D, but I'm rarely in a situation where I'm worried about the camera.

I recently bought a Canon G7 because I wanted a very small, pocket-able camera, but I find myself disappointed with it's quality faster than ISO 200. I like it if I know I'm only going to be outside in the daytime. I tried sticking with film for my compact point-n-shoot for a while, but dealing with film processing just annoys me anymore.

When I can get a digital compact with an 8mp APS-C sensor I'll probably stop hauling the DSLRs everywhere. I can't believe I'm still waiting for Canon or Nikon to bring me that camera. I had high hopes for the Sigma DP1, but I don't think it cuts it for the price. I just want something that can match a 20D for basic image quality.

5D/50mm f/1.4, Kiev 4A(b)/ 50mm f/2, Olympus OM1n/50mm f/1.8, Canon A640. In that order. The A640 only goes to the pub.

I dunno- Some kind of little silver camera my wife shoves at me once every few months if she wants to be in the photo.

It's not often you can catch me without my Alpha's but when I don't have them my Sony cybershot P200 is a lifesaver! it's old and out of date by now but I have captured some phenomenal photos with it. I've pinned it against a few nikon and cannon P&S and It takes better pics and the lcd is way way better IMO. Ive been looking around for a new one for about a year now but have not found anything that can compare to it yet. Even the new cybershots. (Maybee it's a emotional attachment?) LOL

I started with a P&S, but gave it away to go DSLR. I too mount the 50mm on a 5D when I want my smallest form factor. Don't really want a P&S, would rather have another lens.

-Shea

I certainly donlt carry my big SLR and lenses around with me during the every day routine. For that I use a Panasonic Lumix LX3. Mightily good little camera - though I try not to use it over 400ISO.

my wife has a powershot d1000 or something, I just pull the grip off my xt and put on the nifty fifty. 1.8 is great for the bar....

I just bought a P6000 and I love it. It is excellent for going around with my daugher because I can carry my camera, SB-800 and, my small camcorder in a small bag.

My personal camera is an Olympus Trip 35 and a decent flash that came with it.

I only use it if Im going to a felild trip at school where I know nothing interesting will be there, just in case I see something cool, I wont have to haul around 2 lenses, a flash, and my off balance bag.

Usually I carry around my Nikon FM10 with a 35-105mm Macro lens (its got the Non Macro capability to)

We don't carry around our professional cameras every day. We have a little Canon that we use. It's nothing fancy since it's really just a way to get a snapshot in case some friends get together. What do you the rest of you guys use?

Off the subject, but I see you are near St Louis ! So am I. Small world!
We also use a little canon powershot when we go out. Nothing fancy. Just like to get personal shots of friends when we go places

Most reactions

New Topics

Back