Personal gallery, 1st post

Rodrigo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, hello people! I'm Rodrigo Romão, i'm 14 years old, and i'm from Brazil, São Paulo, to be more specific. I was always a fan of photography in general, like looking at them etc; but never got around to, erm, take some nice ones, as i didn't have a digital camera, nor a scanner, which made things really hard.

During last year, on my birthday, i got a camera from my family; a Casio Exilim EX-Z60 (I know, some of you guys are going to say "Uggggh what a ****ty camera" or something :lol:, j/k), and, well, i could at least try to explore this whole fascinating world of photography.

Erm, after some months of practice, i finally decided to showcase my photos. My favourite themes are B/W, Automotive, Nature and City pictures...

As i live in São Paulo, and i'm a racing fan, i've been into some local races at Interlagos (the F1 track), and always take some pics from there. The Porsche and the oldie car pics (such as the Alfas) were all taken on the pits.

Interesting fact is that i live in a 15million people city but, yet, i have no pictures of it :p

Ok, without further ado, here they come. I hope i'm not being a noob and posting pictures on the wrong place, heh.

CIMG2383copy.jpg

CIMG2387copy.jpg

CIMG2770copy.jpg

CIMG2822copy.jpg

CIMG3077copy.jpg

CIMG3097copy.jpg

CIMG3131copy.jpg

CIMG3151copy.jpg

CIMG3138copy.jpg

CIMG3550copy.jpg

CIMG3553copy.jpg

CIMG3554copy.jpg

CIMG3556copy.jpg

CIMG3557copy.jpg

CIMG3562copy.jpg

CIMG3567copy.jpg

CIMG3568copy.jpg

(One of my personal favourites)
CIMG3573copy.jpg

CIMG3578copy.jpg

CIMG3579copy.jpg

CIMG2221copy.jpg

CIMG3384copy.jpg

Sorry for the amount of pictures everyone. I just want to showcase all my photos that i've taken throughout these 7~8 months.
BTW, the forum seems to be great. Hopefully i won't mess anything up around.

Cheers everyone!
Rodrigo I. Romão.

Just giving it a little bump.. =/

CIMG2770copy.jpg

CIMG3077copy.jpg

I really enjoyed looking at these two! I think the first of those really shows the scene well from a viewers perspective which I found is hard to capture! The B/W is very nice on the car picture! Keep up the good work!:thumbup: Don't give up with your less professional camera. I have just recently bought a good camera but before that I learned a lot about photography just by shooting! Look at my posts in the past :wink:!

I like number 3 also (the crowd). I like the perspective.

You do a good job with your photography, and don't worry that your equipment is less than perfect or could be easier to use. You take some pictures that could easily be called 3 times better than some pictures from people with cameras that cost 5 times as much. The passion is there for you and you have one of the things that can't be taught, an artist's eye, so you not worry if can succeed. I am quite amazed at some of those photos and actually a little jealous at a few even though I have a Canon DSLR. It seems you know a bit about metering, bokeh, and exposure, even if you don't know the terms, you seem to subcounciously (or maybe caunsiously) know how to control the light for the shots. Are you using manual settings? Keep up the good work.

Oh and what kind of car is in the last picture? The mystery makes even a car fan like me guess. Funny thing is it could be a family minivan and the perspective you gave it makes it look like a rare exotic no matter wehat it really is. Something says Skyline to me but I know it isn't because of the badge and badge placement.

Wow guys, i REALLY didn't expect those kinds of comments to my pictures!

Seriously people, thanks a lot.

@DSLR noob: Yeah i use manual setting, sort of. My camera's quite limited when it comes to saturation, sharpness etc (it only gives you 5 options, even when you're on the pro mode - -2, -1,0, +1, +2), but i use manual focus, White Balance settings etc.

Mind explaning me what's metering and bokeh? Lol, all i'm used to is to find a nice landscape, take a pic of it, see if it looks good, and save it. Haha.

And, as you were wondering, the car on the last picture is a 2002 Fiat Brava SX that was my bro's car.

But thank you guys for the great input. I'm so so glad and proud that my pics actually look good for once :D

metering- setting the shutter speed and aperture combination to control light. Makes a picture look dark or bright.

bokeh- blurred background behind the subject in focus

you just seemed to aim for certain goals and hit them, it's hard to say what you know and don't know but from your pictures they look good enough to hit inentional goals that you don't just get by holding up a little digital box and pushing a button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back