Pet Peeves

Mine is when I'm shooting a newborn session and (most often), the "thinks he's really the photographer" father walks over and critiques my camera. "Oh, you have a D70? I just bought the D300," and only uses it in AUTO.

Second pet peeve: People (again, usually the father), who shoots as I'm shooting and triggers my strobes. Because he's shooting in AUTO. AGAIN. AND HAS NO IDEA WHY MY STROBES ARE FIRING SINCE HE'S USING A POP-UP FLASH.

BECAUSE HE'S IN AUTO MODE. :grumpy:

That's when you slip dad a ten-spot and tell him you need a sixer--would he be so kind as to go get it? OR, give him that "evil death look" that only mothers can give. My mom could still freeze me with that look until the day she died.

Ive got plenty:

When I forget to change the setting when photographing something in the shade and it comes out underexposed.

When people say "Hey Eli, i was driving down the road and i saw something cool and though "That would be an excelent picture for eli to take" I think OMG YOU IDIOT! YOU OWN A CAMERA WHY COULDNT YOU GET A PICTURE OF IT FOR ME!!!! (i removed some expletives lol) YARG....but 9 times outa ten its my religion teaher....so I really cant say anything mean to her.....

when my moms camera Focuses on the backround and not the subject....

When Imy lens cap pops off (only on my 35-105mm f/3.5) and I get a smudge on my filter/len when i go to grab my lens. (doesnt happen often, but when it does.....)

last one...when the virus my computor has closes whichever photo editor i happen to be using (picasa, kodak, or my free trial of CS4 ) and I have to wait 40 minutes to reopen the program. (virus's suck)

Last edited:
i can't stand it when my sister in law says "oh look, that's a great shot! kelly, where is your $18,000 camera you just had to have?!?". it's so condecending and i just want to fly off the handle when she says it.
Oooh! If I were you, I'd stay away from that one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back