Pet Portrait C&C

BlackDog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was hoping to get some feedback on some pics I took recently. Let me know what you think good, bad or ugly! I feel like I am over critical sometimes and it is nice to get some outside opinions since I feel like I have been struggling a little bit. I have done some PP to add contrast/brightness and to clone out leashes. THANKS for looking!!!

#1 Aperture Priority ISO 100 f/6.3 1/200 sec
1219061353_iDfjN-L.jpg

#2 Ap Priority f/10 1/40sec ISO 100 on camera fill flash
1219061660_WTE6u-L.jpg

#3 Ap Priority ISO 800 (it was quite shady) f/6.3 1/180 sec
1219062167_hpuSK-L.jpg

#4 Ap Priority ISO 800 f/8 sec 1/200
1219067701_FY7pU-L.jpg

#5 ISO 2000 f/4 1/500 sec This one I struggled a lot since it was fairly dark inside the house and I had to bump the ISO to 2000!
1219069570_C5NZy-XL.jpg

Thanks! It was taken at 24mm.

Any other feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

You may have struggled with the one with the cat, but I really like the way the end result of the light played up the stripes on the cat. The white bars make a nice little frame for the cat, and the extra white at the bottom rail makes for a nice platform.

Of course, I like the second picture, of the dog as well :) Its fun!

The first one feels a bit off only from the fact that the distance between the buildings on the other shore and the dog is so great... it makes the dog look as tall as the building, and since its clearly not the case, he feels..... well, huge. Maybe a different angle or something? Im not sure the best way to compensate for it.... something else in the picture that will help show the accurate height of the dog??

I could be totally wrong, but thats the part that struck me.... after I got over the great looking dog :)

I love the second and third ones. The face in the third one is fantastic! I think a tighter crop would work well on this one, something like this:

Here's my feedback, if you want it:

#1 - the buildings, if you can't get rid of them, should be more out-of-focus, and the dog's just sitting there in a dull manner
#2 - Excellent!
#3 - it's interesting, but only because that one tooth sticking out gives the dog a great expression
#4 - excellent alert pose and composition, but the lighting is flat

I am a noob do my opinion isn't worth much but I loved #s 3 & 4. They made me smile. Sorry I don't know enough to give a technical critique.

The first one would be good with greater DOF so it hides the city scene more, i just don't find the dog to be fitting with building behind. In the second one the bright blown whites on the right of the mouth are too distracting other than that it would have made a great image.

The rest seems like snapshots to me

Two and three are so cute. I love them. I am a newb so take it for what it is worth!

Most reactions

Back