Phase One camera and the elements?

psreilly11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I just recently upgraded to a Phase One 645. I had been shooting with a Nikon D810 previously and before that I had a Hasselblad H2 with a Phase One setup, so I’ve gone back and forth between MF and full frame. Anyway, I have some nightmares still with my experience with my Hasselblad because I remember it giving me trouble somewhat frequently, shutter randomly stopping, etc. The repairs were of course costly.

Now I have this Phase One 645 which is a fantastic camera, but I have some hesitation shooting with it in certain settings, particularly near any beaches with the sands and water spray. Am I being a little too nervous about the idea that ocean spray could infiltrate the system somehow? I just would hate to be shooting on a beach or something, click the shutter and then *pitch black*.

Should I just avoid anything to do with water or beaches you think? Or how could I better protect the system if I DO shoot near water or at a beach?

Thanks,

Hi,

I just recently upgraded to a Phase One 645. I had been shooting with a Nikon D810 previously and before that I had a Hasselblad H2 with a Phase One setup, so I’ve gone back and forth between MF and full frame. Anyway, I have some nightmares still with my experience with my Hasselblad because I remember it giving me trouble somewhat frequently, shutter randomly stopping, etc. The repairs were of course costly.

Now I have this Phase One 645 which is a fantastic camera, but I have some hesitation shooting with it in certain settings, particularly near any beaches with the sands and water spray. Am I being a little too nervous about the idea that ocean spray could infiltrate the system somehow? I just would hate to be shooting on a beach or something, click the shutter and then *pitch black*.

Should I just avoid anything to do with water or beaches you think? Or how could I better protect the system if I DO shoot near water or at a beach?

Thanks,
I would avoid salt water. The salt and fine sand is in the air. Many years ago I worked for some time doing camera repair. You'd be amazed what we repair folks can tell you about where your camera's been by having a look inside -- rice inside wedding photog's cameras. Cigarette smoke and salt water were two of the environments that left a mark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back