Phoenix fish eye attachment help

JohnKyo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay so I want some help here since I can't go up to the shop at the moment. I ordered in to test out a phoenix fish eye attachment that I am going to attach to my camera. I have an olympus e3 with a 40-150 standard lens and an 11-22 wide angle.

Amazon.com: Olympus 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens for E1, E300 & E500 Cameras: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Olympus 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens for E1, E300 & E500 Cameras: Camera & Photo

those are the two lenses I own.

This is not EXACTLY what I am getting I'm pretty sure, but it's close enough.

Phoenix 0.25X Super Fisheye Converter with 49/52/55/58MM Adapters - 09040

How could I get the highest degree view possible. The one I am testing later has 175 degrees of view. Is there a way by attaching it that I can get close to that full 175 or get the whole 175? Please help.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i've never used one of these; IMO, the optical quality is suspect to say the least. That aside, I assume the widest field of view will come from using your widest lens at its shortest focal length. I've not used a 4/3 camera, but I suspect you may get some vignetting at the wider end. 175 is pretty darn wide; you'll likely have to work to keep your toes out of the shot, but unless you have a huge need for mediocre, ultra-wide shots, I would save up and buy a real fisheye.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back