Photo Albums

fotophia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought this would be the best place to put it...

Im trying to find a company that does personalised photo albums. Not these expensive ones but ones that produce quantitys for reasonably cheap.

I havent got a perticular style in mind but i want it to look classy and prefere not to have the plastic slot things (i'd prefere frames) it would just be nice to find some companys i could compare but ive had no luck finding any that make reasonably costing albums

Its for my photography buisness and im trying to pull all the research together.

Any suggestions would be great :)

PS- I'm UK based

bump.. anyone? any advise or personal experiance would be a help

hey fotophia, one option you could look into is digitally printed books..... jessops do an online sevice which i'v used before.... check the link (although i think you have to sign up to view the info)...... these are hardback books with the pics printed onto the pages, so it is quite professional looking..... the only drawbacks are having to stick with the photo templates they give you online and not being able to add too much text.
But on the plus side, the book is hardback...... comes in a few different sizes.. (i went for the large one at about 30 quid).... and does look presentable.

Being in the design and print industry, I can tell you it will be difficult to find a commercial printer who is willing to rattle off say 10 copies of a photobook for a reasonable price..... its simply not worth the printers time to do it..... or if they do..... it will be VERY expensive.

So a printers dedicated to book printing or photo services is a must.

http://www.jessopsphotoexpress.com/wpp/jessopsphotoexpress/buygifts_tour.jsp

Archangel said:
hey fotophia, one option you could look into is digitally printed books..... jessops do an online sevice which i'v used before.... check the link (although i think you have to sign up to view the info)...... these are hardback books with the pics printed onto the pages, so it is quite professional looking..... the only drawbacks are having to stick with the photo templates they give you online and not being able to add too much text.
But on the plus side, the book is hardback...... comes in a few different sizes.. (i went for the large one at about 30 quid).... and does look presentable.

Being in the design and print industry, I can tell you it will be difficult to find a commercial printer who is willing to rattle off say 10 copies of a photobook for a reasonable price..... its simply not worth the printers time to do it..... or if they do..... it will be VERY expensive.

So a printers dedicated to book printing or photo services is a must.

http://www.jessopsphotoexpress.com/wpp/jessopsphotoexpress/buygifts_tour.jsp

Thanks, i will deffiantly have a look into it. But i am looking for more than just 10 copies or what not. i want too get quite alot made. Moneys not a problem but obviously i dont want per album to dig into any profits, ive seen some really nice albums that would do but theyre either really really expensive or they have text like Our wedding on them and such. i assume these places have pre printed stuff and wouldnt be able to change a design for so many made. arrg how anoying lol

Thanks for the printing book though i will take a look :)

yea the ones jessops do are generic so they can be used for any purpose..... also check out the kodak website..... they do similar books..... a tiny bit more expensive but have different kinds of finishes.

Most of the wedding and professional people I know have there books printed abroad in places like Italy..... where its cheeper for a high quality.... the actual printers used are trade secrets, so you may have to do some research if you go down that rout. ;)

Archangel said:
yea the ones jessops do are generic so they can be used for any purpose..... also check out the kodak website..... they do similar books..... a tiny bit more expensive but have different kinds of finishes.

Most of the wedding and professional people I know have there books printed abroad in places like Italy..... where its cheeper for a high quality.... the actual printers used are trade secrets, so you may have to do some research if you go down that rout. ;)

yeh, i was thinking what about places abroad but ive been unable to scout out anything.. i dont even know where to start looking, i just tend to go to google and hope that if i type in different words something with come up lol

Those jessop books look really nice, theyre just a little too dull for what i was looking for. i wouldnt even mind finding some basic photo albums that are pretty and then somewhere else for the logo and text etc to be printed on. Just cant find what im looking for at all. Thanks again.. looks like if i cant find anything else jessops will be the answer, good price there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back