Photo Backpack

mahmad00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking around to buy a new photo bag and decided I get one that serves several purposes. Here are the details:

• I have a 13" Mac (but may be getting a 15" soon)
  • I have a regular DSLR (not pro); Canon Rebel XSi
  • Currently 4 lenses (18-55mm, 50 mm, 10-24, and 70 300 mm)
  • External flash (not that necessary to have with at all times)
  • Battery grip
  • I also would like to roll clothes for a day, misc stuff, etc.
  • I'm 5'4"
  • I would like to use this bag as my "personal item" for traveling
I used one of old Domke bags and put that in a regular backpack with my laptop and any extra stuff I would need for traveling, but I have some more equipment so I need a bigger bag now.
Any suggestions would be great!

do you have a budget?

Yes, my budget is under $200. I've seen some bags that cost more on the website but are about half the price on Amazon (new).

I just picked up a Lowepro Fastback 250, fits my 7D, 28-70, 70-200 and eventually a 50mm easily plus room for 1 or 2 more. Also has a compartment for a 15.4inc notebook and a top section for a rolled up rain jacket, cap or any other gear.

Great bag.

Have you seen the Fastpack 350? Do you know if the 350 or the 250 is small enough for a personal item?

I've narrowed my choices down to the Vanguard Up-rise 46 (or 48) or the Kata 3N1-33. However, I am open to different choices

Take a Look at the National Geographic line of camera back packs. I have a medium bag for my photographic equipment and it works quite well. The bag is well made and even has a backpack poncho to cover it in the rain. Amazon has their products listed with feedback.

Most reactions

Back