Photo bag stolen from car

CraniumDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendavisphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Overnight my camera bag was stolen from my car parked in front of my house. Lost my 5D Mark II, a 24-105L, a 17-40L, and a 50 1.8. About $5000 worth of gear. ****!!!

Any advice? Should I keep an eye on Craigslist?

Definately keep an eye on craigslist and local paper ads. Although unless you have anything that can easily say its your gear, its a hard thing to prove. If the thief is smart and is actually going to sell it, he is going to piece it out and not sell it as a lot.

I seriously hope your insurance will cover it.... total bummer.

That sucks! I would be looking all over town for it, this would drive me crazy. Would your insurance cover it? If I lost that much equipment, I surely will make an insurance claim. Sorry for your loss and good luck.

i doubt my insurance covers it. that would probably fall under renters insurance or something. im so freakin bummed out. took me forever to get all that stuff and i JUST got the 5D like 2 months ago.

I'm really sorry. Worked your ass off to get all that stuff and someone just grabs it... Makes me sick.

Hope you catch a break.
-Paul

Definately keep an eye on craigslist and local paper ads. Although unless you have anything that can easily say its your gear, its a hard thing to prove. If the thief is smart and is actually going to sell it, he is going to piece it out and not sell it as a lot.

I seriously hope your insurance will cover it.... total bummer.

All my gear is marked with smart water SmartWater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is there anything similar in the US

i doubt my insurance covers it. that would probably fall under renters insurance or something. im so freakin bummed out. took me forever to get all that stuff and i JUST got the 5D like 2 months ago.

Doubt it all you want but call your agent to find out for certain. I know that my insurance would cover it. Unfortunately, you might have screwed yourself with your doubt. SOME insurance policies require that the police be contacted within 24 hours of the discovery.

Doubt it all you want but call your agent to find out for certain. I know that my insurance would cover it. Unfortunately, you might have screwed yourself with your doubt. SOME insurance policies require that the police be contacted within 24 hours of the discovery.

i did. i called them as soon as i found out. should be here soon.

I hope your Serial Numbers are recorded. Make sure the police have those.

Man .. that's suck.

Did you lost your another lens and camera awhile back due to water damage too?

Man .. that's suck.

yep. i'm that guy. a combination of bad luck, messed up people, and my bad decisions.

let this be a lesson folks. at least YOU don't have to replace $5000 worth of gear.

Man .. that's suck.

yep. i'm that guy. a combination of bad luck, messed up people, and my bad decisions.

let this be a lesson folks. at least YOU don't have to replace $5000 worth of gear.

Well for the bright side, everything is going to be better.

yeah i know. thought it would be safe. tinted windows, espensive alarm, gated court. guess not
At the same time, the above stuff told that thief something inside the car worth took a look.

Most reactions

Back