Photo Book--Recommendations?

JoeW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there kindly TPF members...I'm looking at putting some photos together in a custom photo book (based on a trip to Vietnam earlier in the year). What photo books have you been impressed by in terms of ease of use/putting it all together? I'm looking at publishing and no, I'm not looking for good recommendations of published books to buy. Instead, I'm looking for what options have you tried that you'd recommend (Mimeo? Shutterfly? Snapfish? Etc?) And what would you insist I never consider using on pain of death?

My last one was Shutterfly. I found them fairly easy to use, and if you catch them during one of thier frequent sales, they're pretty reasonable. Quality wise I was well pleased. The book has held up well despite a lot of handling.

I'm still interested in feedback from folks. In the meantime, I found this great (and recent) review of custom photo book options: Best Photo Books 2019

I think most of the labs do this now. I'd certainly look into Photique (formerly AdoramaPix).

I had a calendar and a memo pad done at Shutterfly and was quite pleased.

I'm still interested in feedback from folks. In the meantime, I found this great (and recent) review of custom photo book options: Best Photo Books 2019

Some of these on the list make me wonder about the legitimacy of the person doing the reviews. Wal-Mart? CVS? Seriously I've never gotten anything but weird color tints from either.

One thing that jacks the price up is size, and number of pages. Lots of places advertise a low price to start but when you read the small print it's for the smallest book. The other thing is the lead in price is only for a limited number of pages, adding more jacks the price up.

If you're willing to go a little more try Professional Photo Printing & Photo Gifts | Nations Photo Lab everything they produce is top quality.

I have used Shutterfly for several books. Website is pretty easy to use and I am very happy with the results. Set up an account with them and get on their e-mail list. They periodically offer ridiculously good deals. I have never paid more than half price.

There are some good books around but you can find anything you need to know on You Tube........

Just to add some closure--I ended up going with Mixbook. I was very happy with the result. Photo quality was solid. Options were outstanding. And it was pretty easy to figure out how it worked. I've got another photo book coming up as a present (wife's birthday) and I'm going to use them again.

Most reactions

Back