Photo Booth/Stand pricing?

Lchdz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm want to set up a photbooth/stand at a local carnaval thats coming in a few months. I am just going to take quick picture (photobooth style) with 2-3 background styles for them to choose from. I plan on either print or putting the pictures on a disk for the customers. The picture should not take more the 5 minutes to take and print. So a simple set up quick snap and print or burn type deal. How much have you seen local photobooths charge for these? Whats a good price given i will be using ink and or a CD (blank Cd's are cheap nowadays)... I was thinking about $10.00 for 2 pictures on a disk or printed? Any good input on prices would really be apreciated. Thanks

I did a photobooth for a carnival. We bought 250 USB drives at $4 a piece. Pre-loaded with a flash presentation and PDFs of services and a mini portfolio. We charged $15 for 5 pictures. Shot in Jpeg, 1 backdrop, save on the USB. I have booked a fair amount of business from it.

I have done this and I provide the customers with prints in a cardboard frame for $10. Make sure you factor in the cost of everything, ink, photo paper, frames, etc. I haven't found a way to do it with a deceit profit for less than $10.

I was ready to agree with your pricing idea and then I read CC's answer and I changed my mind, lol.

The difference between two shots and five is probably about 25 seconds in that situation so, yes, give them five shots. It seems like they are getting a much better deal and it barely cost you any more while you're bringing in 50% more :lol:

Just do it.

You will need to be much quicker than 5 minutes , we shoot and print in about 1 minute printed with a dye sub printer 8x6 and mount £10

You can also offer them the chance to buy digital copies online later. I guess in this sort of scenario not many people would do that, but if you hand out a card with a buy URL on, some will - and that will increase your profit

thanks for the replies guys. Great input. I have been getting ready with set ups and such.

Most reactions

Back