Photo Editing software

PS CS1 - haven't upgraded yet.

I used to defend Corel Photo Paint when people used to say that Photo Shop was way better. But I have to admit that PS CS2 is really good.

Thanks for the info...
I currently have 3 different photo editing softwares and all 3 combined only have a hand full of options. In short - they suck!

Ok........I did a quick search - How do you afford this? OUCH!

See if Photoshop Elements is enough for now. Not sure which functionality you seek, but I am always surprised how much made its way into Elements from the big sister application. That includes most layers, filters, and even working from camera raw.

Also, think about waiting for Lightroom, which will be on the market very soon. If you're using a Mac you can try out a free beta. It is all the photography-related functionality from Photoshop, plus some sensible goodies such as Digital Asset Management. Don't forget - Photoshop CS2 is much more than a photography application. It's a digital imaging app. and as such has functionality that you are unlikely to need.

So my recommendation - PS Elements, and then decide on CS2 or Lightroom once both are available.

I had used RawShootoer Premium and PS Elements 5, Adobe gave me a lightroom at no charge becasue they bought out RSP. Now I use Lightroom and PSE 5 , However neither program has Soft Proofing and I have to keep up on my color management.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back