Photo Hosting Websites

camjam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jimandlauraphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking about switching from Photobucket to another photo sharing website. I need to upload photos for a small local paper and also parents and athletes to be able to view and download photos from events. I do not need and e commerce site as I am not selling photos.

Main issue or concern with Photobucket is reported difficulty downloading photos by parents and athletes. I tried Flickr a couple years ago and I am testing Nikon Image Space now. Every time I up load to Nikon Space half the files fail to load and it ends up taking three or four tries to get everything up loaded. I have a "pro" account with Photobucket, so I am not adverse to paying for the hosting service.

I am wondering what everyone else is using and your thoughts on the service.

Thank you in advance
Jim

i use smugmug. easy upload, easy downloads, pretty fast, and it archives the full rez versions. my only complaint that the photo organization (moving/copying photos around between albums etc.) can be a bit of a pain. Other than that no real complaints. i only briefly shopped around when first looking, but they haven't really given me real reason to start looking again.

I had used both zenfolio and then smugmug for a time, but definitely preferred zenfolio. Smugmug didn't even last a few months because I hated the web layout options, and it wasn't as simple to navigate as zenfolio in my opinion. PASS is a newer sharing site and if you go to their Facebook page, they were just offering free invites (the site is by invite only at present).

I had used both zenfolio and then smugmug for a time, but definitely preferred zenfolio. Smugmug didn't even last a few months because I hated the web layout options, and it wasn't as simple to navigate as zenfolio in my opinion. PASS is a newer sharing site and if you go to their Facebook page, they were just offering free invites (the site is by invite only at present).

me, too

Zenfolio for me...very nice site

Thank you for responding. Zenofolio has a free trial going, so I am giving it a try. So far, everything works as advertised.

I use Smugmug. Direct plug in in Lightroom, easy sharing and album management from LR.

It also supports HD video and can share them as a podcast. That's for family videos. Grand Pa and Grand Ma can get all that directly to their iDevices.

I'll checkout zenfolio.

I'm seriously considering dumping PB, ignore all the others and create my own site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back