Photo merging

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Nwcid, Jan 27, 2018.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    There's also a way to create a similar effect in camera without a stobe/flash using a technique I've been experimenting with. You set your exposure to give you a long shutter time then click and pull, as if you were panning. I can tell you from experience there's a lot of trial and error in the technique. Using this method should get you a ghost effect on the movement, but leave the starting or ending position in focus, depending on if your movement is front loaded or tail loaded.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Smoke, the video you posted looks like what I want to do.

I have these 4 shots and I want to see all 4 positions of the gun and the clay. Looks like I will need PS to do that so I will be looking at CC this week.

I have added the 4 unprocessed files. I am not sure why they are not directly attaching. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't......... I even tried massively reducing the file size thinking that was the problem.

Attached Files:

3. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Are you linking the images from another site or uploading them using the upload a file button here?

I could open them, they all seem underexposed

4. Nwcid

Photos OK to edit
    I am directly uploading. Sometimes it works fine, others it does not. I realize they are all openable, but they do not show up directly as an image.

They are a little underexposed. I was trying to reduce backscatter from the snow storm we were in.

5. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    The technique you are attempting is moderately advanced and requires working with exposure adjustments, layers, masks, selections and brushes. Before you attempt this you need to do a little reading on theses as it will make it easier to produce what you are looking for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Also after you upload photos, are you inserting them in your message as a thumbnail or full?

7. ClickAddict

ClickAddict No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're using a baseball player as an example and you want him to be visible just once (pose after he hit the ball for instance) with the photo showing 4 balls, then you dont want to use the multiple flash techniques listed above. It will produce the four balls the same way as you want, but you'll have 4 baseball players superimposed on each other in various swing states (pre hit, during hit, after hit...) I've seen shots where people do this intentionally (some look good, others... not so much) and some that want just one version of the ball player. If you just want one version of the ball player and multiple versions of the ball, (Before he hits it, on contact, after hit...) then it's much more simple and all done with the photos during edit. Look up "photo composition" using Photoshop. (You basically just layer all the photos one over the other and mask out (essentially erase but keep ability to bring back) the sections of the layers of the ball player you dont want,

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nwcid

Photos OK to edit
    I will be doing a lot of reading. Just needed a place to start. The only way to get to advanced is to start.

I would like to do a single photo, but I did find a GIF generator that is kind of neat also.

9. Nwcid

Photos OK to edit
    Sometimes when I upload, it will show a picture in on the left side and ask thumbnail/full. When I get that message, they will display correctly.

Other times when I upload it will just show me a picture that looks like the 4 files above. It does not give me an option to thumbnail/full. I will try and screen shot it next time. It seems to only do it when I try and upload more then 1 file.

10. smoke665

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds like your internet band width may be causing you problems.

Also FYI, PS has a gif generator also.

• Like Like x 1
  11. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I think that'll call for some manual blending in photoshop, for the clays it's easy enough, just align the layers then use a mask to paint the clay in.

For the shooter it's going to be more difficult as they are overlapping and in such a way that the gun is probably going to be obscured by the next shot. Probably need to try various selection tools and still manually adjust the blend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nwcid

Photos OK to edit

Well this is what I came up with for now. In the future I will look at my options for combining them into one photo.

output_B9Pfyh.gif